"I Want The Gas Pedal Down!" (56 Viewers)

IDK, Saints organization creating an environment where Payton felt like he had to leave?

I can see Payton wanting to beat his former team, and I'm really not sure what kind of reception he'll get at the Dome, but I don't see him running it up relentlessly should the game come to that...which it may.
SP most definitely wants to beat us, but not bc it is us, it’s bc he wants his team to win against anyone. He will probably get a nice warm reception by the fans bc we miss his presence, despite whatever reason anyone feels as to why he left us.
I don’t wish SP the best bc he’s not us anymore, but I do think that we should acknowledge his past contributions to our team. He gave us a great run. The best run in franchise history and that can not be understated. Once the opening whistle is blown, it’s time to knock the block of of his player’s heads. No friends within the game and he should feel the same way.

I expect Broncos fans to travel well as usual so honestly if the Broncos blow us out the Dome would be lit for them and maybe just maybe that would be the end of Dennis Allen. Broncos have their battle plan ready!

This may shock some people by me saying this. I truly believe that our orange mocha Frappuccino drinking coach could beat SP head to head. He knows SP’s tendencies very well and Denver has their own set of problems. They are a mid team that can be beat on any given Sunday easily. All it will take, is our D line getting lots of pressure, and actually taking Nix down. Sure Nix is getting more experience with every game, but he is far from where he should be in his progression. We need to rattle that dude and rattle him real good. If there is one game where the nameless one should bring the fire, it’s this one.

The Broncos had 63 yards of total offense and 0 points through three quarters last Sunday. The Chargers played soft in the fourth quarter which let Denver pretty up the score, but anyone who watched the game knows it was a lopsided beating.

This should absolutely be Allen's "get right" game for the defense.

It feels like it’s gonna be ugly. I actually thought that DA and Saints had a chance with Broncos traveling across country on a short week, but it won’t matter. The Saints are basically starting a second string preseason team on Thursday night.

If DA pulls it off, then I’ll start believing Loomis’ HOF coach theory that he was spewing while smacking his gum.

I'm oddly ambivalent about Sean Payton, the best coach we've ever had by a near infinite margin, coming back to the Dome. Seems wrong that the teams facing off are both in a weak place.

Given it's a Thursday night game, Denver's defense and woeful offense, and our, well....pretty much everything, I predict an intensely ugly, low scoring game. LOTS of bad offense.

Which means it will be a 48-45 nail-biter.

You cannot tell me that Sean Payton and the Broncos are not out for a revenge, retribution, “I told you so”, stick it in your face type of game this Thursday night. Sean “smells blood in the water” and he is going to pounce on it. And I mean hard. And on national television. Sure, he'll say all the right things for media sake but deep down, this guy wants to embarrass Mickey Loomis and the Saints.

We all know Sean Payton and his tendencies and pettiness. He is going to pull out all the stops on this game. And deservedly so. We can all speculate and think we know what reasons there were for his exit but we will never know. Couple that with 22 former Saints players, coaches and scouts who are now on the Broncos! Think about it. Who wouldn’t want revenge on their former employer? And with the Saints reeling with injuries and a Dennis Allen led group?? Payton is licking his chops on this one not to mention all the former Saints coming back in the Dome. I would venture to guess that they want revenge more than he does. Payton will do everything in his power to get as many former Saints players in the end zone as well. They know a Dennis Allen defense! They know his thought process, or lack thereof. I’m not sold on Klint Kubiak yet either. He was the shiny new toy coming in and looked great but the shine is gone. He has not adjusted. Hell, the Chiefs threw four tight ends on one play against the Saints due to their lack of depth at wide receiver….and it worked! The Saints? Oh, just throw it up for an interception.

The Saints are down. They are a demoralized team. You couple all the injuries with the losing and then have the best coach New Orleans has ever seen waltz into the building with bravado and bluster? And with players who were on a Sean Payton led team like Kamara, Davis, Lattimore who see what the Saints were and where the Saints are now? Yeah, good luck getting any type of morale back.

This is going to be an ugly, ugly game and I fully expect the Broncos to flirt with if not get 50+ points in this game.

If I was Sean, I’d do it.

I didn’t realize just how many former Saints employees now call Denver home either.

Lil’Jordan Humphrey
Adam Trautman
Lucas Krull
Michael Burton
Calvin Throckmorton
Jordan Jackson
Malcolm Roach
Wil Lutz
A.T. Perry
Kwon Alexander

Sean Payton
Joe Vitt
Michael Wilhoite
Joe Lombardi
Pete Carmichael
Declan Doyle
John Morton
Zach Strief
Mike Westhoff
Chris Banjo
Dan Dalrymple
Cody Rager
Denver's offense will not magically put up 50 points just because Payton wants to rub it in.
Low scoring IMO.

You cannot tell me that Sean Payton and the Broncos are not out for a revenge, retribution, “I told you so”, stick it in your face type of game this Thursday night. Sean “smells blood in the water” and he is going to pounce on it. And I mean hard. And on national television. Sure, he'll say all the right things for media sake but deep down, this guy wants to embarrass Mickey Loomis and the Saints.

We all know Sean Payton and his tendencies and pettiness. He is going to pull out all the stops on this game. And deservedly so. We can all speculate and think we know what reasons there were for his exit but we will never know. Couple that with 22 former Saints players, coaches and scouts who are now on the Broncos! Think about it. Who wouldn’t want revenge on their former employer? And with the Saints reeling with injuries and a Dennis Allen led group?? Payton is licking his chops on this one not to mention all the former Saints coming back in the Dome. I would venture to guess that they want revenge more than he does. Payton will do everything in his power to get as many former Saints players in the end zone as well. They know a Dennis Allen defense! They know his thought process, or lack thereof. I’m not sold on Klint Kubiak yet either. He was the shiny new toy coming in and looked great but the shine is gone. He has not adjusted. Hell, the Chiefs threw four tight ends on one play against the Saints due to their lack of depth at wide receiver….and it worked! The Saints? Oh, just throw it up for an interception.

The Saints are down. They are a demoralized team. You couple all the injuries with the losing and then have the best coach New Orleans has ever seen waltz into the building with bravado and bluster? And with players who were on a Sean Payton led team like Kamara, Davis, Lattimore who see what the Saints were and where the Saints are now? Yeah, good luck getting any type of morale back.

This is going to be an ugly, ugly game and I fully expect the Broncos to flirt with if not get 50+ points in this game.

If I was Sean, I’d do it.

I didn’t realize just how many former Saints employees now call Denver home either.

Lil’Jordan Humphrey
Adam Trautman
Lucas Krull
Michael Burton
Calvin Throckmorton
Jordan Jackson
Malcolm Roach
Wil Lutz
A.T. Perry
Kwon Alexander

Sean Payton
Joe Vitt
Michael Wilhoite
Joe Lombardi
Pete Carmichael
Declan Doyle
John Morton
Zach Strief
Mike Westhoff
Chris Banjo
Dan Dalrymple
Cody Rager

Why would Payton see this as an I told you so game? Payton left here voluntarily and he is the one who pushed for DA to be head coach. Nobody here wanted him gone.

He quit for a reason

Yes. That reason is that he wanted to go some place to start over with his new wife. Payton basically looked for a new job every year that he was our HC. He was going to leave sooner or later and he saw the lack of QB, no WRs, ageing OL, and aging Defense. He also saw the future of having to reset the cap and bounced for greener pastures and some big fat paychecks.

Hence the options in this instance. Again, we can all speculate but we will never know the reason for his departure. I have seen at my current employment, too many people "quit" or "retire" yet behind it all was a nudge of "Hey, don't you think it's time for you to go?" or "It would be best if you put in your resignation" from a higher up.

Call it gaslighting, call it victim blaming, call it whatever you like. As it was stated, Payton is master motivator. He will use whatever at his disposal.

We don't need to speculate. He told us why he left in his final press conference. His mentor, Parcells, did the same thing. Not everything is a conspiracy with people hiding facts. If there were any serious issues they would have come out a long time ago.

The Broncos had 63 yards of total offense and 0 points through three quarters last Sunday. The Chargers played soft in the fourth quarter which let Denver pretty up the score, but anyone who watched the game knows it was a lopsided beating.

This should absolutely be Allen's "get right" game for the defense.

Yeah, I'm more concerned with our Mash unit of an offense facing that Bronco defense.

Going into this game I was thinking two rookies and two solid defenses, it would be a game of field position for the kickers. After last weekend, I'm like which unknown Denver RB goes off on us...

Hey DA, you gonna beat daddy, or nah?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom