IHOP to Change Name (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I assume the new name stands for International House of Breakfast - and yes they have a lot more than pancakes and always did but why bother? ( and why a lower case “b”?)

It reminds me a bit of a few years ago when Pizza Hut tried to rebrand as "The Hut" and trying to get people to view it as a dine in Italian restaurant.

That didn't work and didn't last long and I don't think this will either
==========================================================================
IHOP is hinting that a big change is coming -- with just the small flip of a letter.

The pancake chain, in a tweet Monday morning, suggested that it would change its name from "IHOP" to "IHOb" starting June 11.

That's right. It's not a typo, although the company has not disclosed the meaning of the new acronym.

“We’re serious about the quality of food and our menu, and this name change really reflects that,” says Stephanie Peterson, IHOP’s executive director of communications.

Founded in suburban Los Angeles by Al and Jerry Lapin in 1958, the International House of Pancakes shortened its name to IHOP in 1973, according to the company's website. Now, 45 years later, IHOP appears to be heading for another tweak....................

IHOP tweet hints at changing name to 'IHOb' starting June 11

Last edited:

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing give publicity like controversy. Well, except fake controversy. That will generate a lot more publicity.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I actually eat eggs cooked sunny side up laid on top of boudin for breakfast... and then dice it up inside all the runny egg yolk goodness... a breakfast for kings...
Do it with scrapple and I'll love you forever.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Are burgers a better money maker than selling eggs that you put pancake batter in?

Reaction score
Are burgers a better money maker than selling eggs that you put pancake batter in?
I'd guess it has more to do with higher lunch/dinner customer counts than the percentage of profit per item. I think they try to keep that pretty standard across all meals so the profit comes from people going for meals other than breakfast.

OP
OP
Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
IHOP at it again

I thought the P stood for pancakes
======================================

About a year after IHOP faked a name change in a publicity stunt, the International House of Pancakes is at it again. The company teased yet another change on Tuesday, asking its Twitter followers: "What could the P be? Find out June 3."...………..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom