IHOP to Change Name (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I assume the new name stands for International House of Breakfast - and yes they have a lot more than pancakes and always did but why bother? ( and why a lower case “b”?)

It reminds me a bit of a few years ago when Pizza Hut tried to rebrand as "The Hut" and trying to get people to view it as a dine in Italian restaurant.

That didn't work and didn't last long and I don't think this will either
==========================================================================
IHOP is hinting that a big change is coming -- with just the small flip of a letter.

The pancake chain, in a tweet Monday morning, suggested that it would change its name from "IHOP" to "IHOb" starting June 11.

That's right. It's not a typo, although the company has not disclosed the meaning of the new acronym.

“We’re serious about the quality of food and our menu, and this name change really reflects that,” says Stephanie Peterson, IHOP’s executive director of communications.

Founded in suburban Los Angeles by Al and Jerry Lapin in 1958, the International House of Pancakes shortened its name to IHOP in 1973, according to the company's website. Now, 45 years later, IHOP appears to be heading for another tweak....................

IHOP tweet hints at changing name to 'IHOb' starting June 11

Last edited:

GeauxWhoDats

Insert Clever Title Here
Reaction score
Never been and never will. They could change their name to international house of free food and I will never go there.
I have seen a lot of people take a lot of different stances but I have never seen anyone draw the proverbial line in the sand on breakfast food establishments. We need DEMAND the backstory story here.

Last edited:

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
looks like IHOP is getting nothing but ridicule for this
while true, what does that mean in terms of butts in seats in today's social media landscape?

Starbucks, Waffle House, Chik-fil-a, et al have "controversial" social media kerfuffles that don't seem to hurt them long term
this one is mostly self-inflicted, so it's a bit different than the others, but this still seems to fall into the 'any publicity is good publicity' category
(the other fast food places are just gleefully using the opportunity to get their brands out there too, free of charge)

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

BlackandGoldXLIV

Lurkules (since 2001)
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
IHOb should really stand for "International House of betrayal," because less than a month since the big reveal, the former burger house is reverting back to its pancake roots. In an announcement on Monday, IHOP called its thoroughly underwhelming marketing stunt "the time we faked it."
IHOb is dead and we're back to IHOP again

End thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom