In Your Opinion What Will Constitute A Successful Saints Season For 2024 (1 Viewer)

What is the minimum need for you to consider this 2024 season a success for the Saints

• Total voters
I voted Division title.
But a WC birth then at least 1 playoff victory would be just as good too.
I'd actually be very happy if we were the last NFC south team in the playoffs, by week not just playing the later game.

A rebuild isn't misery it's hope. Dennis Allen, Derek carr and kicking the can down the road for countless 6-11 to 9-8 non playoff seasons is misery.
Jyn Erso? Is that you?? Rebellions are built on hope!

But I digress, I can see the positive in this statement. 8-9, 9-8 is just misery. The same thing day after day, year after year. I don't need that drudgery. I have a soul sucking office job to do that. I want excitement! I want fireworks!! I want the Saints to light it up!!

However, that is not the case with this group, so the best that I can hope for is a playoff berth. The obvious answer should be to lift the Lombardi in New Orleans but again, I don't think that is going to happen. Recent New Orleans hosted years have shown this to be true by the Saints record:

1990 - 8-8
1997 - 6-10
2002 - 9-7
2013 - 11-5 (The Drew Brees era)

So with all that said, I just want excitement from the 2024 New Orleans Saints. I want either 14-3 or 3-14 because either way, something entertaining will happen. 9-8, 8-9, second or third in the division?

Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn..........

Making the postseason by any means would be a success.

But I don't think Loomis is measuring the team strictly by season outcome. I think they see this as Year 1 of 'Being recovered from the Sean Payton hangover.'

Carmichael gone. Kubiak in Year 1 of a new offense. (I can't see the season ending with Kubiak leaving.) That and loyalty make Dennis Allen here for at least two more seasons, unless the bottom drops out.
1st year of really reigning themselves in on future cap commitments
Year 2 of Carr. Plus an active effort this preseason to develop multiple possible future QBs.
Year 1 of Fuaga and 'are you or for real or not' Trevor Penning.

I think Loomis wants to see some identity and chemistry develop on offense. Where there is pressure on Allen is that the Defensive Guru Allen needs to get the defense need to step up. You aint great unless you are filling the stat sheet with sacks, turnovers, and stops. Too much hype on them right now.

All of this will take alot of the regular season to play out. Win games and they buy time and breathing room. Lose games, and the swarm of FIRE ERRYBODY will grow loud, paired with the frustration that Loomis sees himself in Year 1 of a new project, and will not care what you think.

Making the postseason by any means would be a success.

But I don't think Loomis is measuring the team strictly by season outcome. I think they see this as Year 1 of 'Being recovered from the Sean Payton hangover.'

Carmichael gone. Kubiak in Year 1 of a new offense. (I can't see the season ending with Kubiak leaving.) That and loyalty make Dennis Allen here for at least two more seasons, unless the bottom drops out.
1st year of really reigning themselves in on future cap commitments
Year 2 of Carr. Plus an active effort this preseason to develop multiple possible future QBs.
Year 1 of Fuaga and 'are you or for real or not' Trevor Penning.

I think Loomis wants to see some identity and chemistry develop on offense. Where there is pressure on Allen is that the Defensive Guru Allen needs to get the defense need to step up. You aint great unless you are filling the stat sheet with sacks, turnovers, and stops. Too much hype on them right now.

All of this will take alot of the regular season to play out. Win games and they buy time and breathing room. Lose games, and the swarm of FIRE ERRYBODY will grow loud, paired with the frustration that Loomis sees himself in Year 1 of a new project, and will not care what you think.
And if there are empty seats in the Dome, DA is a goner. Tons of visiting fans in the Dome? They are okay with that because money is money......

Getting WC-1 or -2 (whichever matches up with the Falcons) then knocking them out of the playoffs is the dream scenario

Mainly I’m hoping to make the playoffs and not get blown out once there. Show the fans that there’s something to build on here.

It will play out like it should. Allen will be gone before midseason. The question is whether Loomis is also out. I'd say that's very slim. Need someone new picking the next HC and a brand new FO strategy.

Take the hit. Unload the deadweight and reset and maybe be relevant in 3-4 years.

To me a successful season would be for ownership and the FO to accept reality and quit being delusional.
Those 3-4 years that you’re giving a way, I’ll take them!

Barring some unforeseen great chemistry and a few small strokes of luck a la 2009, I think this team's ceiling is likely 10-7 with a close round 1 home game victory.

To me, that would equal a successful season, given the current roster circumstances.

Less than five wins, a top 5 pick and a cleaning out of the front office and coaching staff. Time to move on the window has closed and the kick the can down the road salary cap strategy has set this team back. Bring in some fresh faces and see what happens. Unfortunately I think the front office personnel are here for life. Ms Benson is way too loyal to them.
Username checks out?

Win the division. Anything else is a half assed effort.

Beat each of the others in the NFC South 2x and it's pretty much a lock. The rest of the schedule don't matter.

Last edited:
Given the talent on this team, particularly on Defense this team should be a serious contender to win the division. There are some "experts" who think the Saints will finish last. If that happens then shame on the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom