Injured bird...anything we can do? (1 Viewer)

Pair of scissors real fast. I would end its suffering.
This, or a swift hard whack with a shovel. If you leave it outside to let nature take its course, it could end up being a long painful death. I would opt for the swift ending.

This, or a swift hard whack with a shovel. If you leave it outside to let nature take its course, it could end up being a long painful death. I would opt for the swift ending.

When I was a kid there was an injured bird in the backyard that was dying. Parents said to leave it alone and let nature take its course. Checked on it a while later and it was covered in ants while still breathing.

DARK sheet.

When I was a kid there was an injured bird in the backyard that was dying. Parents said to leave it alone and let nature take its course. Checked on it a while later and it was covered in ants while still breathing.

DARK sheet.
Yikes! Fwiw, we left it outside in the woods. Went back to check to see if it was still there and it was gone. I'm sure a fox or hawk got a hold of it. I'm just relieved I didn't have to see THAT. Oof.

Yikes! Fwiw, we left it outside in the woods. Went back to check to see if it was still there and it was gone. I'm sure a fox or hawk got a hold of it. I'm just relieved I didn't have to see THAT. Oof.

Maybe it was a Phoenix and was reborn in a plume of flame and flew off.

Yep
Being a birdwatcher, I have a hard time liking cat owners who let their cats roam around and kill everything that moves.
Put a bell with a collar on it.
I am a dog guy all day. Really don’t understand the pet cat thing.

Yep
Being a birdwatcher, I have a hard time liking cat owners who let their cats roam around and kill everything that moves.
Put a bell with a collar on it.
I am a dog guy all day. Really don’t understand the pet cat thing.
Cats do catch mice, which I can appreciate, but they'll definitely snatch a bird when the opportunity is there. If it's a blue jay, I'm good with it. Lol.

Cats do catch mice, which I can appreciate, but they'll definitely snatch a bird when the opportunity is there. If it's a blue jay, I'm good with it. Lol.
As much as I hate all the feral cats running around my neighborhood and using my yard as their favorite outhouse, at least they have been known to catch a few of the rats that like to invade my garden. That's about the only benefit I can see of having them running loose around my house.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom