Interesting Info on Sedrick Ellis (1 Viewer)

In Mickey's comments I found a couple times where what he said left room for some intepreting "in between the lines". He spoke about very good players taken around number 10. He mentioned up to like 12 and 13 but also down to like 8 and 9.

My read is: if Big Sed is available at around 6-7 or later then we trade up to get him... if Rivers is there at 10 then maybe we trade down and still get him at 12 or 13.

Either way I think Orgeron is someone they want because we will more than likely try hard to get Big Sed.

225lb for 42 reps is more impressive than what you can rep once.

I realize that the SR Bowl is a practice game but he looked like a man amongst boys.

I need to see more Sedrick Ellis, but if he's better than Dorsey, that's saying something. Dorsey was tossing 300lb+ SEC O-Linemen aside like rag dolls this year. I haven't seen someone do that since John Henderson was at Tennessee.

The "Ellis is better than Dorsey" hype is likely a product of Dorsey's absence at the Senior Bowl...

Ellis and Dorsey will both be gone by 10.

Definitely Ellis.

Dorsey could slip depending on health and combine

225lb for 42 reps is more impressive than what you can rep once.

I realize that the SR Bowl is a practice game but he looked like a man amongst boys.

Those were his results a year ago. He's rumored to be closer to 50 reps now. :fort:

Ellis is a great talent and chances that he or Dorsey hit 10 are 0%.

I think there is some degree of truth to looking at the signing of Orgereon as a sign that the Saints are serious about improving their defensive line. That being said a trade up would improve our defensive line.

On the other hand the Saints should wait until one of the big 2 get picked and then if they want to make a move on the other.

Dorsey and Ellis are equal in my eyes and that is after Dorsey wasn't in my face all week.

I think that's true to an extent. There's also the question of natural talent and body-type. Not everyone will be able to bench 500 lbs, no matter how hard they work. In the same way, not everyone will be able to run a 4.3 40. But yeah, you'd have to be a natural freak to lift 500 without hitting the weights pretty damn hard.

Having said that, I always thought that the bench was a pretty useless measure of how well someone plays ball. You rarely, if ever, replicate a bench press when playing football. I think it's a good measure of overall upper body strength but football is about using the strength you have in the right way and being explosive.

my guess is that youve never played organized football. for the guys in the trenches the benchpress test (reps of 225) tests the strength and muscle endurence needed to play the position. the bench press effects the amount of push or pop lineman get form their upper body. it might be useless for a qb but every other position on the field the bench press test is huge.

:worthy: 43+ reps is crazy, the most i evey got was 21, and the most ive ever seen is 51 or 56 by shaun rogers at the probowl that so sick!!!!!!!!!

Also, something i think people may have missed... he needs 200 lb dumbells... for incline curls... WHAT!?

Bench press results:

Sedrick Ellis 34
Vernon Gholston 37
Quentin Groves 30
Shawn Crable 29
Kentwan Balmer 33

Hm...

Laws put up 35
Rubin also with 35
Lawrence Jackson with 31
Dre Moore with 31
Derrick Harvey with 31

Updated.

Harvey's 31 is the most impressive considering he's 6'5.

If he would have went to LSU he would have been benching 1200lbs.

Laws put up 35
Rubin also with 35
Lawrence Jackson with 31
Dre Moore with 31
Derrick Harvey with 31

Updated.

Harvey's 31 is the most impressive considering he's 6'5.
Lawrence Jackson is also 6'5" and weighed in at 268 while Harvey weighed in at 291

Jackson's 31 reps seems more impressive than Harvey's 31 reps considering the weight difference

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom