Jamie Collins OLB, USM (1 Viewer)

I feel that Collins will be drafted by Saints, will trade down to get him in 2nd. I felt the same when Wilson was drafted.

When picks 10-25 all grade out close to the dame trading will be almost impossible. The only shot of us trading down in the first would be if Geno Smith somehow slid.

The last time the Saints traded down in the first round was back I'm the 80s IIRC

A trade to get Collins would most likely involve our 3rd this year with next years 2nd odds are he will be there at the beginning of the 3rd round

Players rise and fall all the time, its to early to say who a team will take without the benefit of free agency...but I think a guy like Collins can and will be there at #15 for us after popular players like Dion Jordan, Markeviouis B and others are taken. I have full confidence we will get that outside pass rusher we covet for this defense...that and a NT in this draft.

Would be a steal in the third round... but probably won't last that far. Selecting him in the second at our spot would have been perfect, but oh well. Thanks Goodell.

Saints historically under SP don't trade down. I would bet if all OLB are taken, we will probably draft BPA.

Mayock ranked him as the #2 3-4 OLB in all of the draft and said he wouldn't be surprised at all to see Collins get drafted in the 2nd half of the 1st.
I don't think all of teams follow the "pick value" chart. If a team falls in love with a player they will trade up to get him. So even if the picks 15 to 45 grade out evenly , teams get ancy and they will make moves. Happens every year. I'm in the trading down camp , unless they have a guy there we absolutely can't pass up on.

Xavier Rhodes in the first Jamie Collins in the 3rd anyone?

Xavier Rhodes in the first Jamie Collins in the 3rd anyone?

I really like Collins but im just not a fan of the value of the corners we could get with our first round pick outside of milliner who wont drop. I dont like Rhodes film enough at all and trufant is just too bad value @15. Otherwise id like the idea cuz i love me some collins. My ideal 2 picks with those 2 midround picks would be collins and brandon williams.

-Seems to have a REALLY GOOD initial punch. Consistently knocks lineman back with it.
-Consistently one of the last people off the snap, this is annoying to watch.
-Seems to have a good getoff but hard to tell because never explodes off snap.
-Long arms and uses them well to control blockers.
-Has experience in space.
-Have no idea about his bend - as in I didn't see footage of him bending....period.
-You guys said he blew up the combine, If so then it isn't showing up on tape. More athlete than football player at this point.

I would project this guy as a strongside OLB. He can set the edge, he can operate in space, and he has some pass rushing skill. He'll never be the primary pass rusher, but could do with with a guy across from him.

I feel I need a TCUDan eval. I like the kid a lot, but I would love to hear what Dan has to say about him. Not that I don't value u guys imput as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom