N/S Jason Garrett Still Not Fired (yet) (2 Viewers)

I just love how this nonsense is just dragging on and on. Cowboys fans are miserable right now. If you are going to fire someone, do you really need to meet with them twice?

kVganRZ.jpg

Jones is so pathetic.

Buddy of mine says he saw a tweet were the whole staff will be fired..... but guessing its a just a rumor... dont see Jerry Firing everyone

That was kind of retracted. It seems there was a rush to be the first to report it.

That was kind of retracted. It seems there was a rush to be the first to report it.
Typical of today's media. "lets throw (unnamed substance) against the wall and if we are right we can claim to be the first to report it.

247sports and Yahoo reporting the whole staff is fired, even if other outlets haven’t put it out. It’s happening. I mean I hope it doesn’t, but he’s definitely fired

I think there is some good to be said about not rushing to fire your head coach.

Jerry is probably doing it for a strange reason however.
Could be that Jerry actually likes Garrett and maybe wants to keep him in the organization somehow. It would be similar to if the Saints ever had Drew Brees as head coach. How would you "fire" Drew Brees. Garrett's been there a long time.

It's tough with Garrett since he's definitely young enough to still want to coach.

The other reason to stall is there simply may not be a reason to hurry. Some of the Cowboys best candidates might still be coaching for a few more weeks.

The other item would be $$$. Don't know what Garrett's contract has, but not firing and just letting it expire whenever might save Jerrah some $$$. I wouldn't think it's much at this point.

Just Jerry milking the media spotlight as usual, he loves him some camera time!
Yes, Jerry asks ESPN and NFL Network to setup tents outside his office today.

I would see him not letting him go until someone else has a pen in his hand
He is waiting for the Saints to finish with post season so he can sign Sean Payton.

ok, i’ll run and hide now.

Jerry once said he gave up too easily on head coaches after Jimmy Johnson. I think he honestly likes Garrett. I think Jones in every way wants to be proven correct that he can take a backup QB and make him into Sean Payton. I’m sure Garrett tells Jones exactly what he wants to hear. As long as the players respond in the postseason meetings with support for Garrett, Jones will keep him, and with Garrett throwing the assistants under the bus, will be given yet another chance to make a successful staff.

you can't fire someone who's contract has expired

It doesn't expire until January 14th.

Dallas fans right now:

I just love how this nonsense is just dragging on and on. Cowboys fans are miserable right now. If you are going to fire someone, do you really need to meet with them twice?

kVganRZ.jpg

Skip Bayless losing his mind. Nice. Make it happen, Jerry!

Yes, Jerry asks ESPN and NFL Network to setup tents outside his office today.

He is waiting for the Saints to finish with post season so he can sign Sean Payton.

ok, i’ll run and hide now.

Actually the guy who reported that the entire staff was fired yesterday said the Cowboys talked to Payton last offseason. He thinks if the Saints win the Super Bowl and Brees retires they could try again this year. And he says Payton will work for the Cowboys at some point in the next 15 years.

Actually the guy who reported that the entire staff was fired yesterday said the Cowboys talked to Payton last offseason. He thinks if the Saints win the Super Bowl and Brees retires they could try again this year. And he says Payton will work for the Cowboys at some point in the next 15 years.

:smilielol:. Hopefully, it is the earlier end of that 15 years for Jerry sake.

BULL, Jones cannot discuss a possible job with Payton without facing tampering charges. He isn't that dumb.

You know what, in Jerrah's mind, I think he still thinks that could happen. He doesn't like anyone saying no to him ... even himself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom