N/S Jason Garrett Still Not Fired (yet) (1 Viewer)

Yesterday on ESPN, Schefter said that Garrett's contract expires tomorrow, so there is no need to fire him. He also mentioned that it's an unusual expiration date for a coach's contract, but that's what I recall him saying.

Yesterday on ESPN, Schefter said that Garrett's contract expires tomorrow, so there is no need to fire him. He also mentioned that it's an unusual expiration date for a coach's contract, but that's what I recall him saying.

It is very unusual, what would have happened if they made the playoffs....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh nevermind, i'll see myself out for that brain-fart

Does that mean he is gone from the organization as the ball drops? :scratch:

What a memory to relive every year. :covri:

Does that mean he is gone from the organization as the ball drops? :scratch:

What a memory to relive every year. :covri:
Today, I heard Schefter say the contract expires on January 14th, which is still bizarre since the playoffs will still be going on. And as I type this, I'm starting to question why I'm watching so much ESPN. I've really come to despise that network. No more Schefter updates from me. Someone with Twitter please take over.

Skip thinks they are going to keep Garrett now.

He's gonna lose it if that happens.

I think Jerry may be stalling to see what happens to Zimmer after the Vikings lose.

I think there is some good to be said about not rushing to fire your head coach.

Jerry is probably doing it for a strange reason however.
Could be that Jerry actually likes Garrett and maybe wants to keep him in the organization somehow. It would be similar to if the Saints ever had Drew Brees as head coach. How would you "fire" Drew Brees. Garrett's been there a long time.

It's tough with Garrett since he's definitely young enough to still want to coach.

The other reason to stall is there simply may not be a reason to hurry. Some of the Cowboys best candidates might still be coaching for a few more weeks.

The other item would be $$$. Don't know what Garrett's contract has, but not firing and just letting it expire whenever might save Jerrah some $$$. I wouldn't think it's much at this point.

It’s not that Jerry likes Garrett. It’s that he LOVES Garrett like a son. He has said as much many times. He’s known Jason since he was a kid. Garretts dad even worked for Jerry, as a scout, at one time.

I’ll give this to Jerry. Loyalty, Family, and relationships mean ALOT to him. If you’re a player that is in the family, he’ll always treat you like you’re part of it. While part of the problem is Jerry wanting to prove himself the greatest GM/Owner in the world, the other part is that he really is too loyal to his inner circle of people.

It’s not that Jerry likes Garrett. It’s that he LOVES Garrett like a son. He has said as much many times. He’s known Jason since he was a kid. Garretts dad even worked for Jerry, as a scout, at one time.

I’ll give this to Jerry. Loyalty, Family, and relationships mean ALOT to him. If you’re a player that is in the family, he’ll always treat you like you’re part of it. While part of the problem is Jerry wanting to prove himself the greatest GM/Owner in the world, the other part is that he really is too loyal to his inner circle of people.

Jason Garrett is the new Marvin Lewis.

Yes, Jerry asks ESPN and NFL Network to setup tents outside his office today.

He is waiting for the Saints to finish with post season so he can sign Sean Payton.

ok, i’ll run and hide now.
Jerrah should find a coach, any coach, named "Shawn Peyton" and name him the head coach.

Won't win him any more games, but would be a lot of fun.

Jerrah should find a coach, any coach, named "Shawn Peyton" and name him the head coach.

Won't win him any more games, but would be a lot of fun.

Slap a mustache on Jason Garrett along with this and problem solved for Jerry.

Rickboy is spot on about Jerry's feelings toward Jason. I wouldn't be surprised if JG is retained, or is offered some other position in administration.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom