Jersey Number Shakeup 2024 (2 Viewers)

Rattler wears #18 to honor Archie Manning, his # at Ole Miss. Archie has been mentoring Rattler since he was drafted. I doubt he changes his number because of that.
I didn't know that but have wondered if maybe that was why. .... It also makes my Jeff Blake jersey relevant again!

Rattler wears #18 to honor Archie Manning, his # at Ole Miss. Archie has been mentoring Rattler since he was drafted. I doubt he changes his number because of that.
My understanding was their relationship goes back even further. Rattler attended the manning passing academy since he was playing pop warner ball. I think he’s close to all of the mannings. I wanna say at least a decade

Still listed as 34. As usual, Saintsreport has the new number before the official website.

The only reason I could think of is if he has some connection to Ingram due to both playing for Alabama and the Saints.
Maybe, but Ingram did not keep that number very long (and it looked odd on him).

Maybe, but Ingram did not keep that number very long (and it looked odd on him).

It certainly did look odd on Ingram too. Just the only reason I could think of for a CB to choose #14. 14 really looks odd on all players. It's okay on a QB or a Punter but you just don't see it used much.

It is. Wonder why he would not take #2 or one of the #s in the 20s.

Because he's not a forty something year old fan who grew up watching football in the 80s and still clings to what was allowed 5 decades ago. He has no frame of reference for why it feels wrong to us.

Because he's not a forty something year old fan who grew up watching football in the 80s and still clings to what was allowed 5 decades ago. He has no frame of reference for why it feels wrong to us.
But #2 was not allowed back then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom