Jimmy Carter Enters Hospice Care at Home {Edit: Rosalynn Carter has passed (11/19/2023)} (1 Viewer)

otoh - everyone assumed my great grandmother (late 60s) would pass soon after my ggf- she had been completely dependent on him - never learned to drive, never written a check, never had a job, etc
She did/learned all of those things and more
Passed away just shy of her 90th
Last year an 85 year old man named Kenneth Colona graduated with a Bachelors Degree from Southeastern Louisiana University...just a tremendous accomplishment

When I was there on my second stint in college (graduated in 2003) I knew a lady in her 70s that graduated.

Last year an 85 year old man named Kenneth Colona graduated with a Bachelors Degree from Southeastern Louisiana University...just a tremendous accomplishment

When I was there on my second stint in college (graduated in 2003) I knew a lady in her 70s that graduated.
NFL HOF'er Bobby Bell finally received his degree at the age of 74. it was a promise he made to his father.

Hope he makes it
===============

Jimmy Carter is within sight of making history yet again. Sunday marks 100 days until Carter would become the first president to witness his own 100th birthday.

Statistically, Americans have a less than 1 percent chance of living to 100. And Carter faces particularly significant challenges in reaching the milestone.

For the past 16 months, he’s been in hospice, end-of-life care that focuses on comfort and forgoes medical intervention. Half of people in hospice died within 17 days in 2020, according to the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.

Yet as Carter inches closer to his 100th birthday on Oct. 1, defying odds and expectations, preparations are gearing up for the landmark event — including a 100-mile bike ride and a film festival in his home state of Georgia.

Some oddsmakers are not only taking bets on whether he will make it to his birthday but whether he will live long enough to see the end of the Ukraine war.

“People are rooting for him. He’s an icon,” said Steve Ander, 41, a D.C. data analyst and presidential history buff. To help celebrate Carter, Ander and a friend created an online clock counting down, second by second, to the former president’s birthday…….

Hope he makes it
===============

Jimmy Carter is within sight of making history yet again. Sunday marks 100 days until Carter would become the first president to witness his own 100th birthday.

Statistically, Americans have a less than 1 percent chance of living to 100. And Carter faces particularly significant challenges in reaching the milestone.

For the past 16 months, he’s been in hospice, end-of-life care that focuses on comfort and forgoes medical intervention. Half of people in hospice died within 17 days in 2020, according to the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.

Yet as Carter inches closer to his 100th birthday on Oct. 1, defying odds and expectations, preparations are gearing up for the landmark event — including a 100-mile bike ride and a film festival in his home state of Georgia.

Some oddsmakers are not only taking bets on whether he will make it to his birthday but whether he will live long enough to see the end of the Ukraine war.

“People are rooting for him. He’s an icon,” said Steve Ander, 41, a D.C. data analyst and presidential history buff. To help celebrate Carter, Ander and a friend created an online clock counting down, second by second, to the former president’s birthday…….

I'm rooting for him but a dead pool is kinda morbid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom