Jonathon Williams (1 Viewer)

Hes a slasher. Classic slashing back. Quick cuts gets skinny in the hole. I like his game

He and Alex Collins are good at making the d miss in the hole. Lots of wiggle and strength in small space. Williams can run, not a blazer but he always had the 1-20 yd burst at AR. Him vs Collins was an ongoing debate. Will bet Alex leads Baltimore in rushing again and maybe the NFL in ypc. Williams is equal

Williams has wiggle without losing speed, vision, balance and power. He has a burst and while he isn't a blazer he ran a 4.59 coming out at 220lbs which certainly isn't slow.

The only questions I have are in the passing game. If he can't pick up the pass blocking then he wont be very successful. If he can pick up the passing game then I could see a case where Ingram really regrets that 4 game suspension. For now though, I just want to see him in the offense with the 2nd unit ahead of West and Vereen.

He’s intriguing. Liked him coming out of college as a possible late round pick for us when I was unsure about Ingram. Tough runner with a good burst and some wiggle as well. Lacks long speed, but will get some good chunk yardage. Not sure why Bills let him go, but I think he has a good chance to stick here long term.

I’m not a big Williams fan. Williams is a flashy guy, but he has struggled doing the little things throughout his career...field vision, playbook, receiving, blitz pickup. The little things often determine whether or not you can make it on the field. Though West and Vereen are inferior athletes...they may be more dependable at this point. He did look better yesterday, but I think I need a larger sample size.

Did Edmunds take a snap at RB last night?
Like what I saw from Scott and Williams a lot. Scott has some good punt return ability. Tate was awesome too in this department.

I’m not a big Williams fan. Williams is a flashy guy, but he has struggled doing the little things throughout his career...field vision, playbook, receiving, blitz pickup. The little things often determine whether or not you can make it on the field... He did look better yesterday, but I think I need a larger sample size.

Fair assessment. If he hone in the 2 highlighted things, the other 2 will take care of itself. But i agree, need more film on him.

Williams has always had the talent to make a roster but he doesn’t play special teams. If you want to be a back up RB in the NFL you have to be able to play special teams.

While Ingram is out I'd like to see the 4 RBs on the roster Kamara, Scott, Vereen and Williams.

I really liked what I saw from Williams last night. I would really like to see him with the one's and two's and see if he can pass protect and pick up the blitz. He shows some power in his running style too.

His pass pro is the key to him getting snaps while Ingram on the shelf. I have no idea where hes at with that. Fluid mover hes pass catcher should be pretty natural for him. He flashed that at Arkansas. Hes got real shot to stick. Ingram gonna try get his last pay day. We cant realistically sign him to comfortable deal with Kamara coming up too.

Flashy? There's nothing about him that's flashy. The two immediate comparisons that come to mind are Ingram and Mike Bell. Neither one of those guys would you ever consider flashy.

Pass pro is the only thing we should realistically be concerned about with him. Everything else points to him being an ideal fill-in for Mark.

Agree. I’d like to see Scott and Williams play earlier in the game. We know what West and Vereen are.

I've thought about this concept before and how challenging it must be for backup/longshot RBs to play in preseason.....how good can they hope to look running behind backup linemen instead of starters?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom