K Wil Lutz traded to the Broncos for a 2024 7th round pick (2 Viewers)

Dang it. I hope Grupe can handle the duties when the real games start.
Grupe has looked great, but the main thing that worries me is that he wasn't that great in college. I don't know if he's made some adjustments to his kicking style, but it is hard to change that muscle memory.

I don’t mind this move, especially after Grupe nailed that 50 yarder on Sunday and the way Lutz has looked since his injury.

Grupe has looked great, but the main thing that worries me is that he wasn't that great in college. I don't know if he's made some adjustments to his kicking style, but it is hard to change that muscle memory.
Lutz's college stats were also not-great by pro standards and easily below what he would achieve in the NFL. (69.2% accuracy on his field goals in his college career)

Grupe had a higher kicking percentage in college than Lutz (74% to 69%).

Lutz has had failed mechanics the last few seasons and even when Payton got him from the Ravens it was something he had to fine tune that eventually came back to haunt him.
Didn't we bring in another special team coach out of retirement just to work with him on getting his kicks higher and I think he officially retired again 2 or 3 years ago??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom