K Wil Lutz traded to the Broncos for a 2024 7th round pick (2 Viewers)

I believe DA made the right choice!

But I have one, and ONLY one concern about going with Grupe: He’s got an extremely small frame, and he’ll be a marked man by Komikaze players of our opponents! 😳

:gosaints:

So Denver and the Giants returned for points but not Car. I think I kind of remember the Giants one, but I knew we didn't have 3, that would've been horrible.
Eh, it still was pretty horrible. We lost the CAR game 23-20, the Denver game by the 2 point return, and NYG 16-13. Considering we finished 7-9, those were very big plays for that season.

Last edited:
Eh, it still was pretty horrible. We lost the CAR game 23-30, the Denver game by the 2 point return, and NYG 16-13. Considering we finished 7-9, those were very big plays for that season.
I'm mainly talking about being the first team to give up points in that scenario. We were the first ones and yet did it twice. Besides, as we've said, Denver one didn't count, refs blew the call and got that one wrong.

This could be part of the weight hanging on the final thread for Allen if Grupe isnt ready for primetime. The year Lutz was hurt we had a new kicker every week, and none of them could make a FG. This is a bigger decision than we think.

Last year we had 5 games decided by 3 points or less. Thats 30% of the season and the difference between the playoffs and the couch. Im not saying Lutz didnt struggle last year, but he is still 85% career (#13 active %) and has missed 2 XPs the last 3 years he played (#2 active XP%). Grupe was 74% in college and had a lower XP% and he kicked from the college spot.

I guess theyve seen enough, but its a decision that could be questioned all season. Hopefully Grupe is ready for it.
False. Our kickers that year couldn't make extra points. FG's were fine, in fact, they had a higher kick percentage than Lutz did on average, so we IMPROVED on Lutz that year, again, except for extra points.

When Grupe miss a game winning field goal we’re going to be pointing fingers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom