K Wil Lutz traded to the Broncos for a 2024 7th round pick (2 Viewers)

Why? Lutz was a rookie kicker for us as well.
Lutz was replacing trash kickers we had for years before him though and Grupe is replacing a guy who, though he's struggled some recently, is probably the second best kicker in Saints history.

Lutz was replacing trash kickers we had for years before him though and Grupe is replacing a guy who, though he's struggled some recently, is probably the second best kicker in Saints history.
And Grupe is now replacing a struggling kicker so what makes his scenario any different than Lutz?

And Grupe is now replacing a struggling kicker so what makes his scenario any different than Lutz?
I think there's a decent chance Lutz goes back to his old self in Denver. Maybe not, but quite possible.

And there's a decent chance Grupe doesn't perform well for us or make big kicks in the regular season.

Didn't really have that same scenario in place back in 2016 like now where we're potentially saying "darn, apparently we kept the wrong one."

Not even saying I disagree with the decision made here.. but there's a chance we get to realize it was a mistake in real time.

Did Grupe ever have to kick into the wind in preseason? 😳 Did we even play outside in preseason?

'Come here and give daddy a hug' - what I picture Payton saying to the ex-saints players joining the broncos

Why is the agent annoyed? He's playing for another team but the agent will still get his pound of flesh, what's his problem?

DA will ruin this team and we will lose a horrible division smfh.
What are you talking about, this is actually a great decision, you know how many games Lutz potentially lost for us last year. Give the new kid a try, I'm willing to try anything at this point.

This transition might include Micky Loomis working with DA on putting together a younger team, which will coincide with better CAP numbers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom