K Wil Lutz traded to the Broncos for a 2024 7th round pick (1 Viewer)

Considering that we are 78 million over it in 2024. i doubt we bring in someone.

While I don't like the Saints method of how they handle the cap, it works and I don't see them stopping any time soon. They just grabbed a QB in his prime and expect him to be the franchise for awhile. Loomis said he doesn't plan on stopping until "the window is truly closed" and nothing about this offseason has said they think the window is closing.

Just feels like Loomis is working on a trade for someone. Who, I have no idea.

They save 1.5 million dollars in the deal. Sorry to see Lutz go, as I know he really loves the city.

Yeah, his emotional press conference after the game Sunday made it clear how much he has genuinely loved his time here. Have to appreciate that. I understand the team's decision (time will tell if they made a good call) but wish the best for Lutz. I hope the next chapter is a rewarding one for him.

Yeah, his emotional press conference after the game Sunday made it clear how much he has genuinely loved his time here. Have to appreciate that. I understand the team's decision (time will tell if they made a good call) but wish the best for Lutz. I hope the next chapter is a rewarding one for him.
Right, and while I like Grupe and think some commenters here overlook some of Lutz's flaws/big misses, he on aggregate had a good career here and deserves to still be on a NFL roster. He definitely has a chance to go for the longest field goal record in that thin mountain air.

While I don't like the Saints method of how they handle the cap, it works and I don't see them stopping any time soon. They just grabbed a QB in his prime and expect him to be the franchise for awhile. Loomis said he doesn't plan on stopping until "the window is truly closed" and nothing about this offseason has said they think the window is closing.

Just feels like Loomis is working on a trade for someone. Who, I have no idea.
Would have to be a deadline trade with limited trade assets available

Right, and while I like Grupe and think some commenters here overlook some of Lutz's flaws/big misses, he on aggregate had a good career here and deserves to still be on a NFL roster. He definitely has a chance to go for the longest field goal record in that thin mountain air.

Lutz was among the elite in 2018 and 2019 but unfortunately, it's been a downward trend since then and he made himself replaceable with his performance last season. People will cite the risks with Grupe but we can't ignore the risks of keeping Lutz. I think this was a pretty 50/50 call and we just have to hope that Grupe is up to the challenge.

He was 23-31 in FG last season. 74.2%. That's about 25 in the league for %. His big cudo was 33-33 in extra points. His downfall was anything past 40 yards. Still an asset to a team just the Saints didn't need him.

I think Lutz knew this was coming. During the game he had zero emotion. Almost like he was forced to work on his day off.
Solid point. I hope it works out for the team and I’m sure they already have Grupe in the weight room.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom