K Wil Lutz traded to the Broncos for a 2024 7th round pick (3 Viewers)

Grupe's the guy. Good luck to Lutz in the future, with obvious exception of when playing against Saints.

This was a tough call and I'm not judging it as right or wrong. Lutz has missed easy kicks and has some injuries. They went with the youngster with a lively leg believing if he's what they think he is they have him for a lot longer. I probably would have played it safe with Lutz but that doesn't mean it's the right call.

Yeah, one downside to this kicker battle was whichever road we traveled whenever the guy we kept missed a kick, there would be a guaranteed contigent on the board arriving to say point out that other guy made his kicks that week.
We are damned if we had kept Lutz and released/traded Grupe or the opposite. Only time will tell how Grupe handles the pressure of a regular season game and whether he gets the Yips like so many young guys!

All we can do is hope for the best. The people who argued for Lutz may well be proved right, but I'm okay with giving Grupe a shot. Getting a draft pick of any kind for a kicker is a coup, IMO.

Same, because if we weren't replacing Lutz this season, then quite possibly next season when his contract was up. He's just not proven reliable enough to reinvest in longterm.

Same, because if we weren't replacing Lutz this season, then quite possibly next season when his contract was up. He's just not proven reliable enough to reinvest in longterm.
I think considering all things even, they didn't want to pay a kicker a hefty salary going forward.

Dang.

So Coaches saw enough from Grupe to award him the job. I like it- boost of confidence from the coaches to the kid that he has "it".

I guess all the work Lutz put in this offseason for 'mental toughness" wasnt enough

He will do fine in Denver. Ill send him some fly fishing spots ;)

Snap, placement, kick by Grupe… and it’s good, it’s good , it’s gooooooooooood. Pigs have flown hell has frozen over 😎

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom