Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Interested?
========================================================

Wax on, again.

Three decades after The Karate Kid, original stars Ralph Macchio and William Zabka are heading back to the dojo. The duo are set to reprise their roles as underdog Daniel LaRusso (Macchio) and bully Johnny Lawrence (Zabka) in a 10-episode straight-to-series follow-up called*Cobra Kai for subscription service YouTube Red.*

The series, set to bow in 2018, is set 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament and revolves around a down and out Johnny who, seeking redemption, reopens the infamous Cobra Kai dojo.

It reignites his rivalry with a now-successful Daniel, who has been struggling to maintain balance in his life without the guidance of his mentor, Mr. Miyagi (the late Pat Morita).

The half-hour comedy follows the duo addressing demons from their past and present frustrations - through (what else?) karate...................

'Karate Kid' TV Sequel, Starring Ralph Macchio and William Zabka, a Go at YouTube Red (Exclusive)

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It went straight by me when I watched it, but they "put him in a body bag" when Tommy died on the show. Very clever.
Wow, I completely missed that too.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is on YouTube? What's it called? I'm not going through this whole thread.

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just watched it and it’s the best show I’ve seen in a very long time! Each episode could be an 80s movie. Can’t wait for season 3

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
ok I am late to the party and I'm not reading through the whole thing because I am only halfway through season one. But I wanted to say that when I looked up Daniels daughter I was just sure she was going to be the daughter of Maggie Siff from Sons of Anarchy/Billions

1603161111258.png

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
OK just finished up season two. Kind of loved it and then faded to meh. They started leaning it more in the direction of teenage soap opera imo. And from the moment he actually hit send to Ali on the message, I knew had the last scene would go because they did the same at the end of season one with his old instructor John.

Side note, I'm guessing the release date of January is YouTube trying to hold on to subscribers like myself who only pick up the service for football season. This one isn't strong enough though so I guess I will watch season 3 next football season.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
i'll watch an episode now and then (finally finished season 1). i don't not like it, but it only holds my interest for short periods of time.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom