Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Interested?
========================================================

Wax on, again.

Three decades after The Karate Kid, original stars Ralph Macchio and William Zabka are heading back to the dojo. The duo are set to reprise their roles as underdog Daniel LaRusso (Macchio) and bully Johnny Lawrence (Zabka) in a 10-episode straight-to-series follow-up called*Cobra Kai for subscription service YouTube Red.*

The series, set to bow in 2018, is set 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament and revolves around a down and out Johnny who, seeking redemption, reopens the infamous Cobra Kai dojo.

It reignites his rivalry with a now-successful Daniel, who has been struggling to maintain balance in his life without the guidance of his mentor, Mr. Miyagi (the late Pat Morita).

The half-hour comedy follows the duo addressing demons from their past and present frustrations - through (what else?) karate...................

'Karate Kid' TV Sequel, Starring Ralph Macchio and William Zabka, a Go at YouTube Red (Exclusive)

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
Bumping this for anyone that didn't get around to it this spring (like me). Just finished it. Highly recommended.

The episode 8(?) riff where Johnny retells Karate Kid from his POV had me giggling like a small child

Between Stranger Things and Cobra Kai, it's been a fun year for those of us from the 80s.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Bumping this for anyone that didn't get around to it this spring (like me). Just finished it. Highly recommended.

The episode 8(?) riff where Johnny retells Karate Kid from his POV had me giggling like a small child

Between Stranger Things and Cobra Kai, it's been a fun year for those of us from the 80s.
I loved his retelling of the story as well.

I wonder if Elizabeth Shue ever makes an appearance in the show.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is the best show I’ve seen in a long time. Just finished my 3rd full reviewing of it. Explicitly well done.
I got all excited when I saw this was bumped. I thought maybe they had come out with a trailer for Season 2. I'm so ready for it.

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think it comes out this summer. What was your favorite part about the resurrection?
I'm not sure what my favorite part was. I think I had several favorites. It was great to see how the tables had turned for Johnny and Daniel. I liked the kids and will be interested to see how that goes in Season 2. It was all the little things they did throughout the season that made me happy. They just hit all the right notes.

Reaction score
I'm not sure what my favorite part was. I think I had several favorites. It was great to see how the tables had turned for Johnny and Daniel. I liked the kids and will be interested to see how that goes in Season 2. It was all the little things they did throughout the season that made me happy. They just hit all the right notes.
I really enjoyed how they threw it back to the originals with the Golf n Stuff appearance, the flashbacks, and the parallels. It was all done so well. There were a couple of cringeworthy moments, but all in all I thought it was extremely well done. I’m really excited for the next season.

Incidentally, did you know that the writers of Cobra Kai also wrote Harold and Kumar?

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Cruel summer. These people know how to pull all the right strings.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
We started watching season 1 with some friends a few weeks ago (they are about 5 years younger than us, and are the oldest in their families). They didn’t know what the origins Karate Kid was about, or why Cobra Kai started the way it did.

Oy Vey!

They left, and finished the first 3 Karate Kid movies and the Cobra Kai series by the following weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom