Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Interested?
========================================================

Wax on, again.

Three decades after The Karate Kid, original stars Ralph Macchio and William Zabka are heading back to the dojo. The duo are set to reprise their roles as underdog Daniel LaRusso (Macchio) and bully Johnny Lawrence (Zabka) in a 10-episode straight-to-series follow-up called*Cobra Kai for subscription service YouTube Red.*

The series, set to bow in 2018, is set 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament and revolves around a down and out Johnny who, seeking redemption, reopens the infamous Cobra Kai dojo.

It reignites his rivalry with a now-successful Daniel, who has been struggling to maintain balance in his life without the guidance of his mentor, Mr. Miyagi (the late Pat Morita).

The half-hour comedy follows the duo addressing demons from their past and present frustrations - through (what else?) karate...................

'Karate Kid' TV Sequel, Starring Ralph Macchio and William Zabka, a Go at YouTube Red (Exclusive)

RaginSaint93

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
You get a free month trial if you sign up which is more enough time to watch the whole series and you can cancel it at any time. It’s worth it.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You get a free month trial if you sign up which is more enough time to watch the whole series and you can cancel it at any time. It’s worth it.
This is my plan for the weekend. I haven't had time this week to watch it, but that will be remedied soon.

OP
OP
Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did any of the other cobra kai or kreese make an appearance?

T.P.

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I watched it yesterday.. they did a great job. I am interested to see where they take this series.

donato

Regal Beagle V.I.P.
Reaction score
This show is amazing. Still have 4 episodes to go.

Brees4prez

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
As a Karate Kid fan, i think they could not have done a follow up story to the original any better. The way they pay tribute to the original is clever. I have two more episodes to go and i am really curious to how they can keep this series going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just finished up the season. It's not often that I so thoroughly enjoy a show that I would happily pay to see more. Well, when Youtube puts out season two, I will gladly pay $10 in order to watch it. It was that good. (Take note CBS All Access....this is how it's done.)

There were just enough tributes to the original to take care of nostalgia, but it didn't weigh the episodes down. The writers have done a good job of weaving in twists and turns between the adults, between the kids, and between adults and kids. There's plenty of humor here, but, again, it doesn't take away. It only adds to the atmosphere. I really liked the way that we get to see things from Johnny's point of view. There are times when Daniel is portrayed on the jerky side and I wanted to slap him because he's supposed to be the "good guy" in all this. That's part of it, though. These characters aren't as one-dimensional as they were in the movie. Good guy and bad guy don't quite fit now.

There's a reason why this has such high viewer numbers and ratings. The writers absolutely got it right and I can't wait to see what they have in store next.

Vega$$aint

Resident GoldenTee Junkie
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
not to mention Missy Cooper is HOT!!!

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Watched 2 episodes so far and I am liking it.

Also, if you have Youtube TV, you get all of the red content.
We switched from cable to Youtube TV and Philo and so far I am happy with the switch

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Johnny Lawrence is the Mr. Miyagi that this generation needs.

Such a good show.

I have been out of HS for almost two decades now, and I am not sure how much of the HS experience is dramatized in this show. I only bring it up because we watched the original KK a few weeks before this came out, and the difference that 30 years can make on the high school experience sure is crazy. Makes you concerned for your young kids and the world they will be facing.

Last edited:

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I signed up for the free month to watch it and begrudgingly loved it. What seemed like a terrible idea was actually a really well done show.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
We just finished watching the series last night. So good.

I have high hopes for this series. The writers are hitting it out of the park with this story, and I can’t really think of how next season will play out, which to me means it’s going to be great since we don’t know what’s going to happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom