Keenan Lewis Highlights (1 Viewer)

No no man. Didn't you hear SaintSproles? He has no ball skills. It even says so on that awesome link he posted that nobody read :hihi:

You are one those that hates to hear anything remotely negative about a saints player or coaching personnel, not surprised by your response

Cornerback Ball Skills

Read that very informative web page and then you will come to the same conclusion I did. That kid has no ball skills from watching those highlights.

Fair enough...If youre basing everything on that website ALONE, I suppose youre right. But I've played DB since I was 11, all the way till I was a senior in high school. And what I remember most consistently, on every level, is our coaches preaching ball skills, "If you cant get the INT, get your hands on it. Ball skills." I mean, you hear it from all these analysts all the time. A defender breaking up a pass, and guys in the booth proping up his "ball skills". That pretty much is what I'm basing all this on, and I see that all day with Lewis. Being a "ball hawk" is a whole different animal. Ed Reed, Rod Woodson, Charles Woodson, Sharper, etc. are/were ball hawks. But, they dont exactly D a lot of passes, look it up.

And dude, no diss, but that site is all kinds of fishy. It's on the level of a mock draft site. It's some guy trying to slang a book on how to be a great cornerback. I mean, is that guy a "great cornerback"? It reminds me of the guys who come into the gym, and learned to fight via books, videos, and websites. Um....No. It doesnt usually work out the way they thought it would.

You are one those that hates to hear anything remotely negative about a saints player or coaching personnel, not surprised by your response

Nah man. I just don't like uninformed posts with horrible counter points, so naturally, I dislike most of your posts :9:

You claim he has no ball skills because he didn't have any interceptions last year, yet he led the league in passes defended. You claim he has no timing... Did you even watch him high point the ball in that video? You kidding me? Then you compare him to Harper! Hilarious :rolleyes:

If you don't get it after reading this post, then I have nothing more to say about it:

With all due respect to the OP, this isn't a highlight video...its better.

This isn't a highlight video. It's not a compilation of one players good plays from a game or season. This is more telling than that. This is every snap that he was thrown at during a game. Even MORE telling is that the video is only a hand full of snaps. This tells an even more impressive story. He's a cornerback. A CORNERBACK. Missing are plays in which coverage was so good that the QB didn't even try to throw in his direction. We don't see the plays where the WR was so blanketed that the QB looked elsewhere. That rarely shows up in a game, therefore it won't show up in a video. When Lewis really won, those plays aren't in this clip. When the QB did throw in his direction, the WR was well covered and the gain was short or the pass defensed. Yeah, give me this type of video over a highlight video any day. This tells the real story.

I am very impressed by this video. He plays a very tight and physical man coverage. That is exactly what we need. Receivers are going to catch the ball in zone coverage. It's expected. His man coverage against all three of their receivers was fantastic. Like someone said, this is not a "highlight" video. It is the video of a very solid game from a very solid player. Great sign.

He was in the same area code as the reciever and made sure tackles. The receivers did make catches but he did not wiff on the tackle.

Why are so many unimpressed? That was a fantastic game by him. If your concerns are him tackling Rice 10 yards from the line of scrimmage then fine. However, I love his coverage on the Holding call. Thought he played it well. Looked like a tick tack call. But all the long routes where he was in man coverage were flawless! I'm extremely excited after watching that. And I do agree he's not a guy who's going to make dynamic interceptions. Not his strong suit.

Many of the plays, Pittsburgh's pass rush is non-existent, kinda like ours, so to me he will be fine as long as we get a PASS RUSH!!

Lewis is good, but I cannot stand how high he tackles. Someone on this thread said something to the effect of "I'm glad he tackles with his arms and not just his pads." How bout both?

Very high on him and it's a great signing, especially for the price we got him. But I hope he starts bringing his pad level down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom