Kellen Moore For Saints Head coach (edit: Byron Leftwich hired for Jags HC) (1 Viewer)

They did pile up a ton of yards and points but when they played against a defense with an actual pulse... they didn't do so well.
Payton got bounced by the 9ers too in 2011.

It happens.

I kinda think the 9era exploited two teams with weak TE matchups.

I've been pretty vocal about the saints taking Trey McBride in the draft anyway.

I'd give Allen a shot. Teams want to interview him and I'd hate to lose him too. Also Carmichael. They're our core.

Unlike some, I suspect SP might just need a hiatus. He's notorious for changing his mind. He's under contract for another 3 years. He has fleur de lis tattoos. The place and program are familiar.

So I say....

1) Give Allen a shot. If he succeeds, he's the guy.
2) Give Payton time off (and the potential of returning). He's under contract. He's highly paid. It could be favorable situation for fresh start with a program he's built. If it's still intact...

I don't want a new person to come in a gut this program. Or the 2023 salary cap.
I’m down with Allen taking over, but Payton ain’t never coming back.

I'm terrified that we'll be looked at as not being a good HC vacancy, our under contract roster on the O side of the ball is the stuff nightmares are made of for incoming offensive minded coaches.

There are definitely challenges. A defensive minded coach is probably going to be a lot more likely to see the potential with this roster.

Positives, though, we have a highly regarded front office and the Saints took great care of Payton during his tenure. Succeed here and you'll be rewarded.

We do have a thread discussing possible coaches.

BTW, McVay is way overrated, guy can't make adjustments during a game.
I know but I really have no interest in any other candidates but these two.

I want to stay in house and keep our system. Promote Allen, make Nielsen the DC, give Pete the OC reins and keep it moving.
This. It will help to keep some continuity.

Moore is overrated

There’s something to say about failures and learning from them. I’m not saying grab guys who only lose. But someone who struggles and falls may learn and grow stronger from it.

Great example, if across a different sport, look at Monty Williams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom