Know who to pull for: week 9 (1 Viewer)

Another spot on analysis. Hope the team continues to take care of biz most Sundays. None of our direct competitors have an easy road. At this point, we got as gooda shot any of them.

Defense does win championships....why ya think that the Colts haven't been there yet???...I'd definitely take the Saints over Indy rather than the Bears anytime....:9:

I expect Detroit to challenge the Falcons.

It's a game the Falcons are supposed to roll in and coming off a very good victory, I expect Herpes...I mean Vick...to struggle quite a bit

I have a Question....

The three teams that scare me the most are Seattle, St. Louis, and Minnesota. Powder Puff teams with soft schedules.

What happens if at the end of the season there is only one wildcard left and we have:

Seahawks 11-5
Vikings 11-5
Saints 11-5

which of those teams make the playoffs? Anyone know how they break ties if there is no head to head?

I believe if all three teams didn't play each other then it goes to conference records. Isn't this the situation that came up in 2004 when there was a 3 way tie between the Saints, Vikings, and Rams and we got left out? I remember the Rams had gotten in even though we had beaten them.

I believe if all three teams didn't play each other then it goes to conference records. Isn't this the situation that came up in 2004 when there was a 3 way tie between the Saints, Vikings, and Rams and we got left out? I remember the Rams had gotten in even though we had beaten them.

Yes, 3 way ties go to conference record, 2 way ties go to head to head. If Minnesota had lost and it was only a 2 way tie between us and the Rams we would have gotten in.

I have a Question....

The three teams that scare me the most are Seattle, St. Louis, and Minnesota. Powder Puff teams with soft schedules.

What happens if at the end of the season there is only one wildcard left and we have:

Seahawks 11-5
Vikings 11-5
Saints 11-5

which of those teams make the playoffs? Anyone know how they break ties if there is no head to head?

As others have said, it goes to conference record.

As an aside, I dont see an 11-5 wildcard fight. I think 11-5 wins our division. Historically 10-6 in the NFC is a pretty sure wildcard bet, in the years it doesnt win the division. 9-7 sometimes gets a wildcard and we have even had 8-8 teams go.

so far everything has gone our way except for Houston blowing it...but I dont think anyone was counting on that one. we just need San Fran today and Oakland tomorrow.

What a great weekend for the Saints all around. It is looking right now like SF could really take out the Vikings too.

Since everything else has gone so well today:ezbill:

Should we root for the Steelers to win so they won't be so desparate next week or root for them to lose so they feel they are out of the race?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom