LA Times columnist: Rams will 'knock the Saints more senseless than a frat boy on Bourbon Street' (3 Viewers)

I've read his stuff before and years ago when I use to watch ESPN the show "Around The Horn" Plaschke has and will always be a homer, especially when a team is winning in LA. Nothing to see here.
He's absolutely the worst one on that show of the regulars they use.

It gets clicks and think about...there is no penalty for being wrong. I guess it is some of what makes sports so addictive. One side against the other.

They have not seen much football in the land of fruits and nuts over the last 30 years or so

I've read his stuff before and years ago when I use to watch ESPN the show "Around The Horn" Plaschke has and will always be a homer, especially when a team is winning in LA. Nothing to see here.
That guy is a doofus. They always used to cut him off mid sentence. Nothing to see here.

"They're a much better team than the one that lost to the Saints by 10 in New Orleans."

They were 8-0 heading into that game. 6-3 since then. You can maybe argue the Saints aren't as good, but I don't see how you can argue the Rams are better than when they were undefeated halfway through the year.

"They have not one, but two running backs in Todd Gurley and CJ Anderson."

Ok? So do the Saints in Ingram and Kamara. CJ Anderson has had a couple of nice games, but do you really think he's going to average 125+ yards per game every game for the rest of his career? He's due a massive dropoff.

"They have Dante Fowler, who just showed up for his first game against New Orleans."

Yeah? Ok, Same for Eli Apple.

"They have not one cornerback, but two cornerbacks."

Did they play with just one corner in the first game? On a serious note... sure, Aqib is a solid corner, but he's not a lockdown corner. I've also seen the stat that shows how big of a difference their D is this year with Aqib vs without, but that's a small sample size that includes two games vs the Cardinals. The Saints also have Ginn in this one. If you're afraid to put Peters on Thomas, then that means he'll have to cover Ginn and Peters is a major liability going up against vertical speed. I imagine they'll just run a lot of zone, which means Talib won't really be on Thomas anyway.

And the biggest one...

"They're used to the Superdome noise now."

No. They aren't. But you can keep believing that. This is a playoff game, not a middle of the season game. Plus, the decibel level peaked at 109 in that first game if I'm not mistaken, while it consistently hovered around 120 vs the Eagles last week. Massive difference.

I find it interesting that he states that the Rams outscored the Saints 18-10 in the 2nd half. All well in good but the Saints outscored the Rams 35-17 in the 1st half. Just forget the 1st half that doesn't count. The Saints are a better team than they were in week 9. Are the Rams? We will find out Sunday.

"They're a much better team than the one that lost to the Saints by 10 in New Orleans."

They were 8-0 heading into that game. 6-3 since then. You can maybe argue the Saints aren't as good, but I don't see how you can argue the Rams are better than when they were undefeated halfway through the year.

Such a good point.

I live in Long Beach, so it's not quite L.A. but I went to my local tonight and the first two people to greet me both said "Good luck" and "You're going all the way". The former is a '9ers fan the latter a Raider. Both of them said "**** the Rams" with the 9er's fan saying "I hope y'all beat them so bad they go back home (to St. Louis)" . The bottom line is that sure the Rams are good but they know deep down that at least half the people in their region aren't rooting for them and I think that's why they've been so loud this week. Truth is they wouldn't know a true home crowd from a convention about the awareness of mute people (no offense intended). Most of their games are played 50/50 at best. Most of their diehards are from Orange County and don't wanna make the trip to Los Angeles, let alone the Dome. They're trying to convince themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom