Lawn Care (1 Viewer)

Definitely not bermuda. I actually think MTDB is correct - nutsedge. A stubborn weed. lol

Hmmm, well that sucks if so. It's got a nice turf like texture to it. I honestly wouldn't mind having this in my whole yard.

Hmmm, well that sucks if so. It's got a nice turf like texture to it. I honestly wouldn't mind having this in my whole yard.

Funny you say that bc Bermuda was actually considered a very invasive weed for a long time but was so aggressive that people started calling it a turf grass.

With that said, please make sure it’s not Zoysia. If it is, you can aerate and then overseed with that.

Talked to my neighbor. The course is Bermuda, but probably not that b/c he has some in his yard from the person that owned his house before. He said the course also has poa annua which looks a lot like what this is.

Ok here is the problem.

It is sold to the masses. That is the problem. The product has been vilified. When the real problem is the end user lack of knowledge and the greed of it being sold in concentrate form to the public.

The guy in the law suit was not liscened to use it.

His employer had him doing that without any real training.

Without applying equal if not greater blame to both of them is just plain foolish.

Most people use way too much of the product. Or the wrong method of application.

Someone that does it for a living and pays for the product knows you do not need to spray to the point of runoff. You don't need full coverage of every weed.

It is an evil that is needed because nobody will pay to hand weed. It is a method to save time that no one wants to pay for.

If product is used correctly it is not that bad.

In fact it would not be used nearly as much if everyone maintained their property the right way. You know like actually using mulch correctly, cutting their turf often enough and at the correct height.

The problem is us.

So, my backyard was overrun with Carolina Geranium, amongst other weeds, and it choked out all my Centipede grass, and was trying to do the same to my St. Aug. I applied Atrazine in a blanket spray and it killed all the weeds including Oxalis, Dichondra, and Thistle.

I then scalped the yard and bagged the clippings. 2 weeks later (one week ago), I applied Milorganite and watered it 2 times.

The backyard looks amazing. Not a single sign of Carolina Geranium or Oxalis anywhere. Wild onion is starting to grow, but I can spot-spray that with my Celsius.

Overall I’m extremely pleased with the yard considering 3 weeks ago I was considering resodding.

Oh yea, I also built a tropical garden for the front. Pics later.

Folks I have found Fer ti Lome. It's pricey, but it's a weeds worst nightmare. I just used their centipede fertilizer that no one else makes 15 0 15. Had to get at feed n seed store in covington, (or online) as none of the big retail stores carry the fertilizer. (ace carries the weed killer for $39.99).

I was reluctant to pay that, but many had told me about so I did. It works.

I just got a letter from my HOA. After all the rain we got last week, a few springs of green are poking up in my yard and I need to get rid of them. Getting to ready to fill this brand new sprayer with Roundup and take it for a spin.

Roundup? Huuum.

Folks I have found Fer ti Lome. It's pricey, but it's a weeds worst nightmare. I just used their centipede fertilizer that no one else makes 15 0 15. Had to get at feed n seed store in covington, (or online) as none of the big retail stores carry the fertilizer. (ace carries the weed killer for $39.99).

I was reluctant to pay that, but many had told me about so I did. It works.

Lesco makes a 15-0-15 that can be found at any landscape store near where I am.

Carolina geranium fyi.

I have quite a bit of this stuff in my backyard.
Will try the atrazine

If you have no pets, go for it. If you do and want a broader weed killer, stop at Okeefes in Covington. Heck they have atrazine too. But that weed free zone by Fer ti Lome works wonders too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom