Least Favorite Foods? (1 Viewer)

The best fast food burger is Rally's Big Buford but I do not like the red onions they put on them, do regular onions like a normal person.
There used to be a Rally's on Vets between Division and Severn. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I think it's where the Smoothie King is now, just up the street from the old Toys R Us.

IIRC, that was the first Rally's in the metro New Orleans area and one of the first in the country. I was working at Wendy's at the time, so we're talking mid 80s, and they offered a number of us a significant (for the time) raise per hour to leave Wendy's and join Rally's. I think the minimum wage at the time was $3.15 per hour and they offered around $4 per hour.

A couple of guys did leave and they didn't like it as much as Wendy's. I didn't leave because I lived close enough to walk to work without hitting Vets, and I also really liked the people I worked with. It was a fun time.

[ETA] - I'm pretty sure the Smoothie King is the right location, and it explains the odd-looking building and the dual drive-thru. Those are remnants of the Rally's.

Last edited:
The best fast food burger is Rally's Big Buford

I haven’t been to a Rally’s in almost 20 years, but boy did they used to suck with a capital S.. at least the one in Metairie i used to go to... I just cant imagine any Rally’s burger being as good or better than an In n Out burger, or a Five Guys burger.. hell, as much as i talk **** with Texans about Whataburger, even the worst Whataburger i ever had was better than the best Rally’s burger i ever had... Also, and I’m using the definition of ‘fast food‘ very loosely here- but right there in Metairie, Mooyah has one of the best burgers in the entire NOLA metro IMO- though probably double the cost of Rally’s (but double the quality too).. also there are two Buds Broilers in Metry, so I’ll probably die of old age before ever giving Rally’s another shot, since they were so epically bad back in the days.

I haven’t been to a Rally’s in almost 20 years, but boy did they used to suck with a capital S.. at least the one in Metairie i used to go to... I just cant imagine any Rally’s burger being as good or better than an In n Out burger, or a Five Guys burger.. hell, as much as i talk **** with Texans about Whataburger, even the worst Whataburger i ever had was better than the best Rally’s burger i ever had... Also, and I’m using the definition of ‘fast food‘ very loosely here- but right there in Metairie, Mooyah has one of the best burgers in the entire NOLA metro IMO- though probably double the cost of Rally’s (but double the quality too).. also there are two Buds Broilers in Metry, so I’ll probably die of old age before ever giving Rally’s another shot, since they were so epically bad back in the days.
In n Out, Five Guys, Mooyah and Buds are not fast food. I also thought Mooyah's was about on par with Five Guys. Buds used to be awesome but the last time I had them they were no where close to being as good as I remember.

In n Out and Five Guys are not fast food.

The hell they aren’t.. What are you talking about? Ever been to an In n Out? My guess is no, since they have a drive thru and low prices like most fast food places... Five Guys, even though they dont have drive thrus- are indeed fast food, though pricey .. but eveyr Five Guys ive ever been to isnt any slower than the average fast food place, in terms of service.

Seriously, what are you talking about?

ETA you edited your post

Last edited:
The hell they aren’t.. What are you talking about? Ever been to an In n Out? My guess is no, since they have a drive thru and low prices like most fast food places... Five Guys, even though they dont have drive thrus- are indeed fast food, though pricey .. but eveyr Five Guys ive ever been to isnt any slower than the average fast food place, in terms of price.

Seriously, what are you talking about?
Fast Food is Wendy's, McDonald's, Rally's and Burger King. Maybe my idea of fast food is different but there's a price element, it can't be twice as expensive.

Fast Food is Wendy's, McDonald's, Rally's and Burger King.

I would LOVE to know the definition and criteria you are using... the places you mentioned are *crappy* fast food, but crappy isnt the ONLY type of fast food.

If you had said Buds or Mooyah arent fast food, then i sort of agree.. but 5 Guys and In n. Out are pretty much the epitome of fast food, done well.. along with Chick Fil A and Raising Canes,.

It’s great for what it is- a cheap, fast food burger with awesome service that puts even CFA to shame, and restaurants so clean you could eat off the floors.
Not all of them are like that.

My idea of fast food is the issue. I added a price quality when that part doesn't matter. There are 3 things I know about In n Out, they are supposed to be good, Drew Brees likes them and we don't have any nearby in Metairie. None of that has anything to do with me thinking they were not fast food.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom