Loki Disney Plus - Trailer (1 Viewer)

I have a theory but am not too sold on it. There's someone else involved in the attacks against the TVA. The little girl with the blue gum pointed at the stained glass image of a devil. Sylvie doesn't act like a devil and we learn that she's actually a good person. And then the reason that started my speculation, the devil in that glass window has a blue tongue. So then the issue would be that if it wasn't Sylvie that time it had to be Mephisto because the girl was most likely being literal, that he looked like the devil. I'm not sold on him being involved so I think this random thought was all for nothing.

I have a theory but am not too sold on it. There's someone else involved in the attacks against the TVA. The little girl with the blue gum pointed at the stained glass image of a devil. Sylvie doesn't act like a devil and we learn that she's actually a good person. And then the reason that started my speculation, the devil in that glass window has a blue tongue. So then the issue would be that if it wasn't Sylvie that time it had to be Mephisto because the girl was most likely being literal, that he looked like the devil. I'm not sold on him being involved so I think this random thought was all for nothing.
The show runners have outright said Mephisto won’t be appearing. So unless they’re straight up lying (which isn’t impossible I guess), I wouldn’t wait up. More likely the girl took a hooded Sylvie with the horns on her tiara as the devil.

I really don’t know how we get through the finale without at least a direct reference to Kang. The way the shows have gone so far, it’ll probably be another Loki behind it, but nobody else in the canon comes to mind that could fit except Kang. And that they cast him nearly a year ago, Renslayer, the TVA…the dots connect to him. And we may not even see him. But I think it ties to him before the end of the next episode.

The show runners have outright said Mephisto won’t be appearing. So unless they’re straight up lying (which isn’t impossible I guess), I wouldn’t wait up. More likely the girl took a hooded Sylvie with the horns on her tiara as the devil.

I really don’t know how we get through the finale without at least a direct reference to Kang. The way the shows have gone so far, it’ll probably be another Loki behind it, but nobody else in the canon comes to mind that could fit except Kang. And that they cast him nearly a year ago, Renslayer, the TVA…the dots connect to him. And we may not even see him. But I think it ties to him before the end of the next episode.
I know some people have mentioned saving the big guys for the movies but there's already a precedent of introducing a character on Disney Plus before moving into the movie side of things. The chick in Wandavision is going to be in The Marvels along with Ms. Marvel who is also being introduced in her own show first. So I don't see why they wouldn't introduce a major villain on a show first.

Here's a thought. In the comics, Alioth and Kang are enemies. What if Alioth isn't keeping people from getting to Kang, but keeping Kang from getting out into our timeline? And by enchanting Alioth and opening that door, Loki and Sylvie are going to inadvertently let Kang loose.

So in Marvel there was the place that was called The Place of Knowledge, or something like that. There were two entities there that were called something like Before and After who were the keepers of everyone's stories. I can't remember it all exactly (and I've probably got most of the names wrong) but I'll bet @Sun Wukong will know. I suspect that is where they are heading, or some variant of that, which would open the door to The One Above All.

So in Marvel there was the place that was called The Place of Knowledge, or something like that. There were two entities there that were called something like Before and After who were the keepers of everyone's stories. I can't remember it all exactly (and I've probably got most of the names wrong) but I'll bet @Sun Wukong will know. I suspect that is where they are heading, or some variant of that, which would open the door to The One Above All.
That sounds like something I want to see.

Anyone in the mood for a variant cap?

I know some people have mentioned saving the big guys for the movies but there's already a precedent of introducing a character on Disney Plus before moving into the movie side of things. The chick in Wandavision is going to be in The Marvels along with Ms. Marvel who is also being introduced in her own show first. So I don't see why they wouldn't introduce a major villain on a show first.
For my part, I have said that I don’t think big guys would be introduced at the end to move/resolve the plot - introducing them in a mid credit so you don’t have to do 10 min of backstory in your next movie makes lots of sense

Anyone in the mood for a variant cap?
Not really a hat guy, I'd rather a variant shirt.

Not really a hat guy, I'd rather a variant shirt.

Already spending 30 bucks on Black Widow so no money for a shirt, at least right now.

So this is a theory I've seen a few times today:

OG Loki is actually behind the TVA and basically everything we've seen unfold. His heroic sacrifice, story about surviving and wanting to change, etc. are all BS. He's working some grand plan and needs Loki and Sylvie for whatever reason. He telegraphs talking about being able to create illusions so real they fooled even Thanos. His "death" wasn't real, and he was possibly controlling Alioth and needed the other Loki variants to stick around for some reason (maybe trying to find the rights one, which end up being Loki and Sylvie) which is why despite Alioth devouring everything, the only people we see running around are Loki variants. Like the whole scheme was designed to get variant Lokis all dumped to this specific place for whatever reason. Everything else is just collateral damage.

When he says "We're broken. Every version of us. Forever." it wasn't a lamentation, but an admission.

And then on a meta level, arguably you don't bring in Richard E. Grant for a total of like 25 minutes of screen time.

On the one hand, I kind of don't want this to be the case because I loved that big moment and would like for it to have been genuine. On the other hand, it would be absolute Lokiest move possible.

Last edited:

I have a vague recollection of this, but am blanking on specifics. Will need to look into it some more.

So this is a theory I've seen a few times today:

OG Loki is actually behind the TVA and basically everything we've seen unfold. His heroic sacrifice, story about surviving and wanting to change, etc. are all BS. He's working some grand plan and needs Loki and Sylvie for whatever reason. He telegraphs talking about being able to create illusions so real they fooled even Thanos. His "death" wasn't real, and he was possibly controlling Alioth and needed the other Loki variants to stick around for some reason (maybe trying to find the rights one, which end up being Loki and Sylvie) which is why despite Alioth devouring everything, the only people we see running around are Loki variants. Like the whole scheme was designed to get variant Lokis all dumped to this specific place for whatever reason. Everything else is just collateral damage.

When he says "We're broken. Every version of us. Forever." it wasn't a lamentation, but an admission.

And then on a meta level, arguably you don't bring in Richard E. Grant for a total of like 25 minutes of screen time.

On the one hand, I kind of don't want this to be the case because I loved that big moment and would like for it to have been genuine. On the other hand, it would be absolute Lokiest move possible.

That's a pretty cool take. I agree with you on both fronts. That would be a very Loki thing to do, but I also enjoyed the moment. This would deflate it on future viewings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom