Loki Disney Plus - Trailer (2 Viewers)

So this is a theory I've seen a few times today:

OG Loki is actually behind the TVA and basically everything we've seen unfold. His heroic sacrifice, story about surviving and wanting to change, etc. are all BS. He's working some grand plan and needs Loki and Sylvie for whatever reason. He telegraphs talking about being able to create illusions so real they fooled even Thanos. His "death" wasn't real, and he was possibly controlling Alioth and needed the other Loki variants to stick around for some reason (maybe trying to find the rights one, which end up being Loki and Sylvie) which is why despite Alioth devouring everything, the only people we see running around are Loki variants. Like the whole scheme was designed to get variant Lokis all dumped to this specific place for whatever reason. Everything else is just collateral damage.

When he says "We're broken. Every version of us. Forever." it wasn't a lamentation, but an admission.

And then on a meta level, arguably you don't bring in Richard E. Grant for a total of like 25 minutes of screen time.

On the one hand, I kind of don't want this to be the case because I loved that big moment and would like for it to have been genuine. On the other hand, it would be absolute Lokiest move possible.
only thing I don’t like about this is how many shots of his conjuring were ‘for us’ (ie, no one who he was trying to trick were seeing him)
That would be a bit of manipulative filmmaking

$30...😳

I might just go see it in the theater for that much, idk. But, I do like watching from home as well. We'll see.

For me it's cheaper. Wife and 2 kids. 4 of us get to watch it for 30 bucks total, via the 75-80 bucks that I would pay for all 4 of us to see it in the theatre. Not to mention the 75-80 bucks would be to see it once. This way, 30 dollars for all 4 of us to watch it anytime we want.

For me it's cheaper. Wife and 2 kids. 4 of us get to watch it for 30 bucks total, via the 75-80 bucks that I would pay for all 4 of us to see it in the theatre. Not to mention the 75-80 bucks would be to see it once. This way, 30 dollars for all 4 of us to watch it anytime we want.
Yea, that's part of why I have friends coming over. We're all saving money this way.

I'm fortunate enough to have a home theater good enough for this sort of thing though.

Yea, that's part of why I have friends coming over. We're all saving money this way.

I'm fortunate enough to have a home theater good enough for this sort of thing though.
Can’t tell if this is a humble brag about your home theater or about having friends

Seems to me there are way too many "signposts" for the big bad to be anyone other than Kang. The hints are everywhere for us comic nerds. I know Feige decided to troll us in WandaVision, but surely he's not dumb enough to betray people twice.

The notion that Alioth was holding him prisoner rather than being guard dog for him is intriguing, but that would mean he isn't behind the TVA; he's their prisoner as well. If that's the case, it leaves us still trying to find out who's in charge here. I think they just used Alioth as another reference to let on to those "in the know" that Kang is the villain about to be introduced.

Now, the question that comes to me right away is, "Why did Kang manipulate the birth of Wanda's twins?" Somebody did, and I assume it's the "big bad" that's slowly being revealed. So if it's him, what is his purpose for the twins?

Last edited:

And you didn't invite me? Lol.

But yeah, when my kids move out, I'm turning the basement into a home theater. Probably a few more years to go, but we'll get there, if everything works out right. I just hope the neighbors don't mind, heh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom