Looks like Winston is going to be back in play for the saints. Mod edit (3 Viewers)

What you say makes sense, but I think today proves we've got no idea what these guys prioritize.
I “liked” his reply and I “liked” your reply… but I wish I could “like” your reply again!

The players aren’t thinking the same way as the “every man”.

These guys have been getting told they’re something special and getting preferential treatment for their entire lives!!! They don’t think like we think.

Point is… Jameis is far from a “slam dunk” to be back with the Saints.

The Saints drafting Desmond Ridder and starting Ian Book game 1 is also “in play”.

What you say makes sense, but I think today proves we've got no idea what these guys prioritize.
Maybe, but Jameis's past contracts with the Saints point to him wanting to be great rather than just be paid like he's great. He clearly wants to change the narrative his first five years gained him.

I “liked” his reply and I “liked” your reply… but I wish I could “like” your reply again!

The players aren’t thinking the same way as the “every man”.

These guys have been getting told they’re something special and getting preferential treatment for their entire lives!!! They don’t think like we think.

Point is… Jameis is far from a “slam dunk” to be back with the Saints.

The Saints drafting Desmond Ridder and starting Ian Book game 1 is also “in play”.
I certainly hope not.

To be fair, Watson not only got the bag but he went to a really good football team.

Idk, I feel like we've gotten to know Jameis pretty well since his time here. He's been humbled already. He knows that switching teams and systems isn't ideal for his progression as a quarterback.
3 1st rd a 3rd and a 4th...No thank you. And a team in a bad cap situation should not be giving drat capital away...glad he chose the Browns..and he may still have legal issues..

Watch Jameis sign a team-friendly deal with the Panthers just to give a middle finger to the Saints for trying to dance with the devil.

😒
Where's the logic in that? The only reason he'd have a chance to do something like that is because the Saints gave him a shot in the first place.

The key words in the tweet left out of the thread title are “in play”

Whether the fans or front office wanted Watson is significant, but what seems important is that some of the players wanted him too. Now, that might make Winston rethink about coming back too.

Whether the fans or front office wanted Watson is significant, but what seems important is that some of the players wanted him too. Now, that might make Winston rethink about coming back too.

Where else is he going to go? Seattle, Indy, and Carolina are the only other jobs. One is going to get Baker. One is going to get Jimmy G. One is going to sign Mariota.

Where else is he going to go? Seattle, Indy, and Carolina are the only other jobs. One is going to get Baker. One is going to get Jimmy G. One is going to sign Mariota.
We might be one of those teams who signs Garopollo or Mariota if we can't find a way to resign Winston. Assuming his feelings aren't or haven't been hurt by our courting of Deshaun Watson the past couple of weeks.

Sure, the NFL is a business, first and foremost, but as another poster above wisely said, they're been pampered, lauded over and praised as special most of their lives and that constructs huge egos often that sometimes look for real, perceived or imagined slights.

I don't want Winston's thinking right now we're not committed to re-signing him to a long-term contract, instead of just being a decent "filler" guy who maybe wins 8-9 games a year for the next 2-3 seasons for us but always suspect to being benched or replaced when a better, younger QB option comes around. He's our best option largely due to because our FO failed or were inept at attracting a better, all-around QB in FA or the Draft. Or were too cheap or over-cautious.

Last edited:
The Saints have already made Jameis an offer. He didn’t accept or whatever. He can’t hold any Ill feelings because he’s not under contract. The Saints will probably have to sweeten the deal, but there should not be any hard feelings.

Maybe, but Jameis's past contracts with the Saints point to him wanting to be great rather than just be paid like he's great. He clearly wants to change the narrative his first five years gained him.
^ YES, this!

I wasn't a Jameis fan, and didn't like the signing. But the dude has SAID all the right things since coming here, and his ACTIONS have backed up his words. I've come around. I can respect a guy whose words and actions match up; and I can absolutely support a guy who has a chip on his shoulder. I think Jameis has a chip on his shoulder. What he does with that, I don't know, but I'd like to find out. And if he does what MOST guys with a chip do, I'd rather he was playing FOR us, than AGAINST us.

Saints are a playoff caliber team with healthy Jameis. Are they SB caliber? Dunno....but show me a better option for 2022 season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom