Looks like Winston is going to be back in play for the saints. Mod edit (2 Viewers)

I really enjoy how webster is devoted to this "Winston is only a backup QB" crap. It takes commitment to keep that up for months on end while convincing yourself that we wouldn't have won at least one more game if Winston hadn't gotten injured. He really thinks Siemian and Hill are just as good.

Well I guess he thinks he is a better judge of QB's than CSP and staff....makes sense....not....

Why do you so badly want the Saints to not be involved with Winston? I mean, we already know they made him a contract offer before the Watson thing came up so he was their top free agent choice at the time. Why would things have changed now?
Why does it bother you so bad that my opinion is that the Saints are looking for Options at the position. Why do people on here so badly think Winston is the "only clear option" or "we should sign him before another team scoops him up" but to reiterate that the Saints are looking at all options at the most critical position on the team is frown upon by many on this forum, when that's obviously what they are doing or Winston would of been signed already.

You sound like a sad little person.

Saints are confirmed as already offering a contract to Winston before the whole Watson situation emerged. So they were willing/hoping to lock him up before free agency (likely at a number that led Winston to see what other offers would be), but you are saying what really happened is the Saints “settled” by offering a contract before free agency?

Maybe I am missing something, but it seems you want to play semantics games to make your point? Silly rabbit.
I would think you could articulate a response without an uncalled for personal attack.

Why does it bother you so bad that my opinion is that the Saints are looking for Options at the position. Why do people on here so badly think Winston is the "only clear option" or "we should sign him before another team scoops him up" but to reiterate that the Saints are looking at all options at the most critical position on the team is frown upon by many on this forum, when that's obviously what they are doing or Winston would of been signed already.

It doesn't bother me that it's your opinion. What bothers me is that you make the claim but never support that claim and keep talking about a "vision" you think the Saints have at QB, but never say what that vision is or why you think they have that vision. Beyond that it's not that you think they are looking at other options, but you somehow claim that Winston is not an option when they already made him a contract offer before going after Watson.

And you keep saying that people say that Winston is the "only" option which isn't true. All people are saying is that they think he is the "best" option for the short term. Not that he is the only option and I'm not sure that many, if any, think he is the best long term option.

And I don't care if the Saints think Winston is the best option or not, but whoever they are going to go with they need to do it soon so that they can move on to singing a WR or two and filling other holes on offense.

But, overall, I have no issue with anyone having any opinion they want. But, I do take issue if they keep repeating that opinion on a board made for discussions and refuse to explain why they hold that opinion. I mean, if you still think Ian Book is the future, that's fine, but please explain why you think that.

When many on this forum said the Saints must sign Winston right away because when free agency starts there will a massive bidding war for him, I called bs, and was ridiculed. It turns out I was right.
There is a massive need for qb’s but only one team has offered Winston a contract, the Saints. That says something about how professionals evaluate him.
I like Winston, just not as a starter. Take off the black and gold glasses and look at him critically and you should come to the same conclusion.

It doesn't bother me that it's your opinion. What bothers me is that you make the claim but never support that claim and keep talking about a "vision" you think the Saints have at QB, but never say what that vision is or why you think they have that vision. Beyond that it's not that you think they are looking at other options, but you somehow claim that Winston is not an option when they already made him a contract offer before going after Watson.

And you keep saying that people say that Winston is the "only" option which isn't true. All people are saying is that they think he is the "best" option for the short term. Not that he is the only option and I'm not sure that many, if any, think he is the best long term option.

And I don't care if the Saints think Winston is the best option or not, but whoever they are going to go with they need to do it soon so that they can move on to singing a WR or two and filling other holes on offense.

But, overall, I have no issue with anyone having any opinion they want. But, I do take issue if they keep repeating that opinion on a board made for discussions and refuse to explain why they hold that opinion. I mean, if you still think Ian Book is the future, that's fine, but please explain why you think that.

I know meily was (still is?) an IB16 supporter. I tend to agree with his arguments about why IB16 COULD be the guy. I wanted IB16 to sit for a year...the entire year...for his best chance to develop. That "mostly" happened, and now we're looking at a guy with 2 off-seasons in the Saints program, and an entire season of practice with his teammates; for a guy who checks ALL of Parcells' 7 requirements (and therefore, CSPs requirements) for a franchise QB. If IB16 is ever going to flash starter potential, THIS is the year. If he doesn't seize the opportunity, I'll join the ranks who've viewed him as nothing more than a backup ever since his Miami game. Those folks may be right about him, but if so, it won't be because of that single game.

I don't know if IB16 is the future, but I BADLY want him to be. In the meantime, if you want to get technical, he's the best option available to the Saints right NOW! Of course, that could change with the stroke of a pen, but at this very moment, it's him....until TH7 is healthy and cleared to play. And I imagine IB16 will get TH7 snaps in practice. Not a bad thing, no matter whether he's a starter or a backup.

But if I'm being honest, my confidence that IB16 COULD be the guy took a serious hit with the DW4 pursuit. I get that DW4's on-field talent is all-pro caliber, but the fact that the Saints FO was willing to entertain the "baggage" that came along with that indicates to me that IB16 isn't showing enough promise at this time to warrant doing "nothing" until he shows the world what he's become. So with that acknowledged, I'm thinking the draft will be the next clue about the IB16 situation. If we don't take a flier on ANY QB in this draft, in any round, he's at least on par with what this year's class of QBs is expected to be. If they do, IB16 is viewed as a backup, or maybe even a bust. JMO...

This is a Winston thread but I feel like Jameis isn't what Allen wants at QB. He's not necessarily an improv QB. Mayfield might actually be on the table now, and since Cleveland is backed into a corner to trade him we could potentially lowball and get away with it.

This is a Winston thread but I feel like Jameis isn't what Allen wants at QB. He's not necessarily an improv QB. Mayfield might actually be on the table now, and since Cleveland is backed into a corner to trade him we could potentially lowball and get away with it.
It has to be Baker, anyone suggesting Jameis obviously can't tell from our front office hesitation to sign him that he ain't it.

Edit: this post aged like milk left out in a AZ desert.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm I’ll take mediocrity 10-7 or better any day. Not sure why you guys actually thought Watson was such a sure thing. We should have done this when Wilson and Rodgers were off the table and not wasted our time on Watson. I like the move tremendously.

After this Ryan trade, Baker makes the most sense honestly. They could steal him from Cleveland at this point.
Some of you guys sound so desperate that it makes Atlanta fans look normal.

With Winston back on a reasonable 2 year deal, I feel like this is best case scenario. We are still in win now mode, and have most of the pieces in place. We still have all our picks (unless we say FTP lol), and money to fill in some needs (WR anyone?).

This buys us a couple years while we’re still a contender. I like it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom