Looks like Winston is going to be back in play for the saints. Mod edit (1 Viewer)

I know he said he received an offer from the Saints earlier in the offseason but I don't think we should all assume the Saints will go with Winston now that they missed out on Watson. They will be exploring all options. I'm not saying it won't be Winston but Winston, Hill, and Book are all Payton's guys. We have no idea what this new coaching staff wants in their QB.

The Saints have already made Jameis an offer. He didn’t accept or whatever. He can’t hold any Ill feelings because he’s not under contract. The Saints will probably have to sweeten the deal, but there should not be any hard feelings.
Agreed. This is PROFESSIONAL football, it’s not personal, it’s jus BUSINESS! EVERYBODY understands Teams wanna do wats best for their team, players wanna do wats best for themselves. From his time at TB, Jameis knows this.

JW also knows the questions about his play remain, n his unfortunate early season ending injury only complicated things for him. So IMO, for now, he can take a 3-4 year 70 mil deal.N because he’s still young, only 28, IF he plays well, he’ll put himself in position for a BIG payday!

We’ll see.

Agreed. This is PROFESSIONAL football, it’s not personal, it’s jus BUSINESS! EVERYBODY understands Teams wanna do wats best for their team, players wanna do wats best for themselves. From his time at TB, Jameis knows this.

JW also knows the questions about his play remain, n his unfortunate early season ending injury only complicated things for him. So IMO, for now, he can take a 3-4 year 70 mil deal.N because he’s still young, only 28, IF he plays well, he’ll put himself in position for a BIG payday!

We’ll see.
He had a HC in Tampa(Bruce Arians) his last two seasons who constantly criticized him, sometimes made catty, borderline unprofessional remarks about his talent level at post-game press conferences. Just because the NFL is a business doesn't mean or ensure all your fellow teammates, assistant coaches, or your own HC won't bash you, try to sabotage your career by lying about you, or talking sheet behind your back or in public.

We have an NFL Commissioner who has shown a clear tendency of little to no integrity, is universally disliked as a person, has been accused of lying, misappropriating or misplacing evidence in cases to get PR-convenient results he desired. He comes across as obnoxious, petty, deceitful, and often times has tried to stir up hatred when his arse stands at the podium to open the Draft every year. Bullshirt to the NFL being just a business, maybe so but the current NFL FO leaders have no to little integrity, and personal responsibility. Arguably, their cowards too for trying to subvert/destroy the BLM/Colin Keepernick anti-police brutality movement he started almost 6 years ago, and cost him his career.

Oh, and BTW, have I mentioned the term: Bountygate.

Last edited:
I know he said he received an offer from the Saints earlier in the offseason but I don't think we should all assume the Saints will go with Winston now that they missed out on Watson. They will be exploring all options. I'm not saying it won't be Winston but Winston, Hill, and Book are all Payton's guys. We have no idea what this new coaching staff wants in their QB.
Let's be clear, the Saints first, second and third option at this point is Winston, Winston and Winston. That's who they want. And that's who they'll sign. It's happening.

Let's be clear, the Saints first, second and third option at this point is Winston, Winston and Winston. That's who they want. And that's who they'll sign. It's happening.
We’ll see. Loomis is known for being a tough negotiator who stands firm once he makes an offer. Saints have already offered winston. Winston wanted more

He also said we'd be signing Watson. He's not a Saint affiliate he's just making assumptions based off team needs ni different than a mock draft report. He does not know what the Saints plans are at the position, they report NFL moves they don't anticipate them.

Really? They may sign him, but he's not who they want, it's who they've settled for until they find someone better.

I will find it hard to relax until l read we have signed him
I can see no other choice out there that l would feel optimistic about

I feel pretty much the same....The Saints failed to get Watson (and I'm glad considering the risk vs return element) but if they fail to get Winston back? I fear the DA regime is starting off on the wrong....

Really? They may sign him, but he's not who they want, it's who they've settled for until they find someone better.

So that's why they offered him a contract even before FA started?

Just my opinion but at this point l believe that we need Winston more than he needs us
I don’t know what more he could have done last season to deserve another chance

Doesn't matter how well he played last year, there are some that will never like him and want him here....kind of sad if it weren't so pitiful....

We’ll see. Loomis is known for being a tough negotiator who stands firm once he makes an offer. Saints have already offered winston. Winston wanted more
Yeah, but the stakes have changed now that the Saints failed to get Watson. As the supply of starting QBs goes down, Winston's demands will go up. Better for Loomis not to waste much more time and get a deal done with Winston now before he gets more expensive and we are left with the likes of Jimmy G.

"Back in play" doesn't really mean anything. We still have work to do to get him to sign with us, not the Colts.
Looks like colts are exploring every other opportunity before making an offer to Winston.
There is no bidding war for Winston regardless of how many fans thought there would be. Saints should be able to sign him to a team friendly deal and still have money to pursue a legit starter.

Here is my thing, Jameis wants a longterm contract, but what has Jameis done in the NFL to earn this.

His college time earned him praise, but his play in the NFL has been average at best.

You sound like a sad little person.

Saints are confirmed as already offering a contract to Winston before the whole Watson situation emerged. So they were willing/hoping to lock him up before free agency (likely at a number that led Winston to see what other offers would be), but you are saying what really happened is the Saints “settled” by offering a contract before free agency?

Maybe I am missing something, but it seems you want to play semantics games to make your point? Silly rabbit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom