Loomis news conference. Most important thing he said, imo (1 Viewer)

Have to pay him either way, might as well pay him to play. He's the perfect X across from Olave and Shaheed.

Actually LOL at this one. As if that hasnt been the idea for the past 2 1/2 years.

But also why Ireland needs to be promoted here. Until he’s the GM he’s at risk of being poached for that role elsewhere.

This is a pretty good article, at the time of Ireland's hiring, for those ready to give up on Loomis, that he's willing to make tough decisions about staff, understands the importance of front office talent, and he correctly recognized Fontenot as a rising exec. Whether or not Loomis is a capable football talent evaluator doesn't matter so much as long as he understands the importance of having those people in the building.

In what universe is bringing back DA a good thing? I'll never understand this. As soon as Sean Payton walked out the door, mediocrity is once again the Saints definition of success.

If you guys think bringing DA back is what this franchise needs, there are no words. What a mess this franchise is becoming in only one year.

Have to pay him either way, might as well pay him to play. He's the perfect X across from Olave and Shaheed.
I always think that as soon as we let a guy go he's gonna stay healthy and blow up for the next team. Mike has that chance but, man, he's cost the team like 60 million over 3 years for what? 6 games? I just think it's time to part ways. No hard feelings.

My biggest takeaway is that Ireland could leave to go be a GM with Sean. That means Arizona, that means the number 3 pick.

In what universe is bringing back DA a good thing? I'll never understand this. As soon as Sean Payton walked out the door, mediocrity is once again the Saints definition of success.

If you guys think bringing DA back is what this franchise needs, there are no words. What a mess this franchise is becoming in only one year.
Does anyone here think it is?

Also confirmed DA would be back and they’re going to try to slowly manage the cap back to the middle.

But for anyone who still thinks they’re just gonna let SP walk, he was adamant that they’re gonna get the most they possibly can

Talk is cheap. Let me know what he does...

Does anyone here think it is?
I’m not jumping for joy. Personally, I’d hire a new coach.
But next year is his last chance for improvement with this franchise.
He’s in a division where no coach has a overall winning record, Brady will most likely leave the division, and no one in the South has a franchise QB.

Yes, several fans on this forum have stated numerous times that he deserves another year. The only critique is PC needs to go. My counter to that is it doesn't matter who the offensive coordinator is with DA running the show.

It's a trainwreck.
I’ll take your word. I haven’t seen that.

I think most people just understand that he IS coming back, so you should make the best of it to make it work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom