Louisiana Superdome and Champions Square Enhancements! (1 Viewer)

... they will be selling lawn chairs as you enter with cupholders for a minimal fee...dat Benson guy is always trying to make an extra buck...lol

Is that Peyton Manning wearing a Bush jersey? :hihi:

attachment.php

Question, whose paying for this? The owner or the tax payers? Not that it matters, the Superdome needs a face lift and designs look great. I'm just curious.
The state will be paying for the renovations (taxpayers) because it was part of the agreement when Benson/State renegotiated the contract ti extend it. It was a win win situation because the state had already been paying somewhere around $25,000,000 per year to the Saints and now they just had to remodel the dome. I think it was much better then building a new stadium.

Dont need a new stadium. dont WANT a new stadium. What they have done looks amazing.

Question, whose paying for this? The owner or the tax payers? Not that it matters, the Superdome needs a face lift and designs look great. I'm just curious.

The state. But it's a state owned building that is used for more than the Saints. It keeps New Orleans competitive for other major events and gets rid of the ridiculous inducements paid directly to the Saints. I'd rather invest tax dollars into an asset than pay a business direct subsidies.

The state. But it's a state owned building that is used for more than the Saints. It keeps New Orleans competitive for other major events and gets rid of the ridiculous inducements paid directly to the Saints. I'd rather invest tax dollars into an asset than pay a business direct subsidies.

Very good point and the revenue for the city from those events that the Superdome hosts bring in a lot of money. We have the Final Four and the Super Bowl coming up here in the next few years so I agree that it is a very good investment for the State/taxpayers...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom