LSU and Canada to part ways after bowl game (4 Viewers)

Also, why are they advertising this? If you're going to let him go, then let him go. Why do you need to wait until after the bowl game? You had a month to prepare.

This is complete, unsourced speculation, but I did find it curious that NC State moved on from Canada after doesn't a tremendous job with the offense and Jacoby Brissett. Now with a somewhat successful season in Baton Rouge considering the O-Line issues, injuries, etc. it seems that yet again he's going to be paid to go away.

He's rubbing someone the wrong way.

yeah we could be jumping the gun here thinking its O just because there was thoughts this could be one of his achilles heels as a HC.

when it could be Canada is just a !@##.

lol

5 new places in 7 seasons. Canada is definitely culpable.

And he really ought to be moving up in the ranks at this point in his career so who is even looking for a head coach at this point?

I just wonder what happened in that Troy game that created or worsened the rift

yeah we could be jumping the gun here thinking its O just because there was thoughts this could be one of his achilles heels as a HC.

when it could be Canada is just a !@##.

lol

Hopefully it is Canada

Especially with O suggesting he'll leave the OC alone and let him make the calls. It is a really bad look.

O needs to set general direction, then GTF outta the way... but the below quote leaves me less than optimistic.

Orgron interview said:
"You wanting to do something in the Troy game that he (Canada) didn't want to do," the questioner responded at the press conference.

"Well, I'm the head coach. We're going to do what I want to do," Orgeron retorted.

Canada just boarded a bus taking the team to the airport for The citrus bowl

I like a lot about Canada's motion offense, because it gets people moving in the wrong direction or at least hesitating slightly, but I would like to see more middle passes, and less bombs. Nevertheless, the offense was far more fun to watch this year than it has been for many years. It is unlikely that we're going to physically beat Alabama, so we need these small advantages to beat them. I hope the next OC uses similar methods.

I like a lot about Canada's motion offense, because it gets people moving in the wrong direction or at least hesitating slightly, but I would like to see more middle passes, and less bombs. Nevertheless, the offense was far more fun to watch this year than it has been for many years. It is unlikely that we're going to physically beat Alabama, so we need these small advantages to beat them. I hope the next OC uses similar methods.

Etling did not have the quickest release or the most consistent footwork... his mid range accuracy would have likely been ...”dangerous”.

5 new places in 7 seasons. Canada is definitely culpable.

And he really ought to be moving up in the ranks at this point in his career so who is even looking for a head coach at this point?

I just wonder what happened in that Troy game that created or worsened the rift

I would say whoever hired Canada knowing his history and not vetting the compatibility issue is most culpable. That falls on Orgeron and Alleva.

That said, if they make a good hire it will be better than having a coach and coordinator not on the same page. I honestly don’t care that much about scheme. I think any good offense can work if it’s executed correctly and the playcalling is unpredictable.

It won’t be Ensminger. There are some good ocs out there if you are okay with the baggage.

I would say whoever hired Canada knowing his history and not vetting the compatibility issue is most culpable. That falls on Orgeron and Alleva.

That said, if they make a good hire it will be better than having a coach and coordinator not on the same page. I honestly don’t care that much about scheme. I think any good offense can work if it’s executed correctly and the playcalling is unpredictable.

It won’t be Ensminger. There are some good ocs out there if you are okay with the baggage.

Canada is what he is.
Just by the fact that Canada had jumped around is enough to question things.

If the stories are true, it's a classic rushed hire. Folks around here say that Alleva only met with Canada once before hiring him and that meeting might have been by phone or video conf., and O didn't even meet him until after he was hired.

I think it's clear now that Canada is difficult to work with.
If this was known before the hire, shame on them for expecting him to change.
If it wasn't known then shame on them for not digging deeper.

So yeah, as we stand, shame on the admin and O. Canada is what he is. Don't give a scorpion a ride and expect him not to sting you.

I’m shocked the administration is allowing Orgeron to fire Canada. He has 3 million left on his deal. That’s a ton of money to give someone to leave. I think he was the highest paid OC in the country in 2017. It certainly looks bad to cut him loose after one year.

It’s probably best for the overall program for Canada to move on though. The head coach must be on-board with the overall philosophy. I just think that should have been considered when he was hired. How do you hire a guy that runs a gimmick offense if you want to run the USC pro style system? Doesn’t make sense.

If Ensminger is promoted, that can be a potential disaster. Not that he’s not capable, but if the offense falters, he will take 100% of the blame. Orgeron has to find someone that has the same offensive philosophy that’s young and up-coming. The masses would be more forgiving if it takes more than one year with that type of hire.

Also, why are they advertising this? If you're going to let him go, then let him go. Why do you need to wait until after the bowl game? You had a month to prepare.

Speculation is Canada is leaking this.

To me LSU's offense wasn't that impressive. Infact, I thought it was very conservative. The OC and system that they had when Coach O first took over is what they should have stuck with.

Speculation is Canada is leaking this.

Mike Detillier said a few weeks ago Canada was out. Some people question how good a talent scout Detillier is, but its common knowledge he and Orgeron are close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom