Lutz misses his first extra point attempt of season!! (2 Viewers)

Yeah, I definitely saw a few. Some people favored Lutz and were more reasonable about it, but some were very militant. And yeah, Denver loses a game 17-16 today where Lutz missed a field goal and a PAT. It's one game, but it sure doesn't look he's turned a corner from last year where he finished 32nd in field goal accuracy.
One game a season does not make, but so far I like the decision Coach Allen made, and hope that 7th we got for Lutz is used well.

I guess Lutz wasn't that scared to let Payton down. He was 1/2 FG and 1/2 XP.

Lutz would have lost us the game today. Instead, he lost the game for Denver today.

Is that 7th round draft pick guaranteed to the Saints - or can Denver cut Lutz and void the draft pick?

One game a season does not make, but so far I like the decision Coach Allen made, and hope that 7th we got for Lutz is used well.
It doesn't, but when it continues a trend we saw in last season, I'd be a little worried in DEN. But yeah, kicking is a high variance position, so he could get it together and have a better season the rest of the way. Payton's definitely going to give him a chance to sort it out after trading a draft pick for him.

He cost them 4 points and the win in regulation. He missed a FG too.
His facial expression on the bench as the clock ticked away was like he knew it was over. I gotta feel sorry for the kid. The league is (rightfully) not kind to kickers who miss game-changing extra points and field goals from makeable range.

I don’t believe he was going to get a better shot with any other team than Denver. And he may not get another one after that.

I guess Lutz wasn't that scared to let Payton down. He was 1/2 FG and 1/2 XP.

Lutz would have lost us the game today. Instead, he lost the game for Denver today.

Is that 7th round draft pick guaranteed to the Saints - or can Denver cut Lutz and void the draft pick?

Can’t be 50% on attempts. There will be a K added to Den practice squad tonight.

Yeah, I definitely saw a few. Some people favored Lutz and were more reasonable about it, but some were very militant. And yeah, Denver loses a game 17-16 today where Lutz missed a field goal and a PAT. It's one game, but it sure doesn't look he's turned a corner from last year where he finished 32nd in field goal accuracy.
I would say the board was 50/50 on that decision

Last edited:
Denver fans on the Broncos message boards are Livid at Payton for bringing in Lutz. They're practically calling for Lutz's head. Also they lost 17-16 last year in the opener.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom