Lutz misses his first extra point attempt of season!! (3 Viewers)

SP has mostly struggled with kickers. I remember tracking all the names that came and went and it is something like during the SP coached years, there had been 11 or 12 kickers to play for the Saints in that span.
Anyways, I suspect SP will be cutting Lutz pretty soon.

Wouldn't it be something if Sean goes out and re-sign Maher after being cut in the Lutz trade?
Maher was signed by the Rams and was 3-5 today (3-3 XP). So SP doesn't really have a choice but to stay with Lutz right now, I don't think there is a free agent that is any better.

I’ll say what I’ve been saying since last season: Lutz was always overrated.

He had an extremely inordinate amount of blocked kicks his first year, and he had them this year in preseason. The same trajectory problem he had on day one never went away.

Begs another question: did Lutz lose a bit of his edge, determination, and that focus when he was injured and on IR for the entire 2021 season?
I think he might have lost confidence. And like you said that edge.

Being a FG is not easy for sure. So many times the game is on your shoulders and you are an easy target if you miss

He had an extremely inordinate amount of blocked kicks his first year, and he had them this year in preseason. The same trajectory problem he had on day one never went away.
Even when he was more “accurate” , I remember his “ball placement” was sometimes inconsistent. Along with bein low, at times, it would also “hook” or “drift “ to the right or left n barely make it between da posts, even close in on extra points. Still, like many, I was surprised we went the rook Groupe over him!

But major props to STs coordinator Darren Rizzi! He dropped an excellent interview in explaining his reasoning behind taking both Groupe n Hedley over Lutz n Gillikin!!!

On Groupe, he went into great detail about his technique. He talked about Goupe’s ability to generate so much power from his “ back swing” as he approaches the ball. He said that such power may sometimes lead to inaccurate kicks. But he explained that because Groupe is small in stature, along with bein powerful, his motion is also “compact”. As a result, his kicks consistently come off his foot the same way: High, deep n right down the middle!

Great job by Groupe today! 👍🏾

N great decision by Coach Rizzi! 👍🏾

Yup we kept the right guy. I'm still amazed that such a lil guy can have such a strong leg. EVERY KO went deep in the EZ
Can’t wait for the NFL to send him a drug test letter. Would be hilarious.

He had some funky kicks that curve, its not out of the ordinary to see with some kickers, but his curves make you cringe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom