Madden NFL 11 - Top Players at each position (1 Viewer)

Jared Allen had 1.5 more sacks than Will Smith did last year and Jared Allen is the best DE in the game? This is a joke right?

Am I the only one NOT satisfied with those QB ratings?

Theres is absolutely no reason and no excuse for why Peyton Manning should have 99 Awareness and Drew Brees only has 97. Those need to be reversed pronto.

Am I the only one NOT satisfied with those QB ratings?

Theres is absolutely no reason and no excuse for why Peyton Manning should have 99 Awareness and Drew Brees only has 97. Those need to be reversed pronto.

his forehead has extra eyes

Hi All,

i'm sure this list is being discussed by everyone on everyboard so i hope you don't mind if i jump in to give an objective view

1) brees should be a 99 and it wasn't just cause he won a SB. he almost broke the NFL record for passing yards.
2) As far as WRs go, mind you he could be rated a 90 and still wouldn't be on that list. it ends at 91. a 90 is a very fair rating for colsten. as good as he is, he isn't as good as anyone above him in my opinion. and please don't compare him to marshall. marshall posted better numbers despite having bad Qbs and missing 3 games due to suspensions. marshall over the past 2 years has more Receptions then any other WR in the NFL. oh and he broke TO's record for most in a game. if colston is an 89-90 i'd say thats fair. any lower then that would warrant complaints
3)o-line is the hardest position to judge. I can't judge your o-line seperatly. only somebody who watches eveyr game and really pays attention can
4) a 90 for vilma is very fair. I love Vilma, he was great for the jets and he is great for you guys. but i don't think he is top 5. he is on the cusp but not in the dance. Alot of jet fans feel harris should be higher as well. and mind you harris outperformed vilma on the jets which is what made him expendable and why we traded him. and did it as a rooke. and he is only 1 point above vilma.
5) as far as CBs go you have a top 5 tandom. Actually i recently read an article ranking the sainst tied for 3rd with the cowboys for CB Tandoms. with Cincy at 1 and Jets at 2 and Panthers at 5. but individually i don't think that rating either of them at 92 or better is realistic and thats what they would need to be on that list

Hi All,

i'm sure this list is being discussed by everyone on everyboard so i hope you don't mind if i jump in to give an objective view

1) brees should be a 99 and it wasn't just cause he won a SB. he almost broke the NFL record for passing yards.
2) As far as WRs go, mind you he could be rated a 90 and still wouldn't be on that list. it ends at 91. a 90 is a very fair rating for colsten. as good as he is, he isn't as good as anyone above him in my opinion. and please don't compare him to marshall. marshall posted better numbers despite having bad Qbs and missing 3 games due to suspensions. marshall over the past 2 years has more Receptions then any other WR in the NFL. oh and he broke TO's record for most in a game. if colston is an 89-90 i'd say thats fair. any lower then that would warrant complaints
3)o-line is the hardest position to judge. I can't judge your o-line seperatly. only somebody who watches eveyr game and really pays attention can
4) a 90 for vilma is very fair. I love Vilma, he was great for the jets and he is great for you guys. but i don't think he is top 5. he is on the cusp but not in the dance. Alot of jet fans feel harris should be higher as well. and mind you harris outperformed vilma on the jets which is what made him expendable and why we traded him. and did it as a rooke. and he is only 1 point above vilma.
5) as far as CBs go you have a top 5 tandom. Actually i recently read an article ranking the sainst tied for 3rd with the cowboys for CB Tandoms. with Cincy at 1 and Jets at 2 and Panthers at 5. but individually i don't think that rating either of them at 92 or better is realistic and thats what they would need to be on that list

Out of all the opposing teams fans we faced last year, the Jets had some of the best to come on this board.

I agree with pretty much everything you said though...

People will be sorely disappointed when CHris Johnson doesn't break 1,500 yards. He's very good, but 99? Get outta here with that.

Sorry man, but the season that CJ had last year, he deserves a 99 ratings. The dude was UNSTOPPABLE!!! Did I mention that he broke the yards from scrimmage record. That constitutes as a 99 rating.

Last edited:
Out of all the opposing teams fans we faced last year, the Jets had some of the best to come on this board.

I agree with pretty much everything you said though...

Thanks. its nice to be able to exchange opinions with other fans w/o being acting stupid. you guys were the best opposing fans i talked with last year which is why i stop by from time to time

as much as i like hartley... the dude played in 5 reg season games, and 3 postseason. he made 14/16 field goals... while that is great, i dont think he deserves to be in the top since he has still yet to play a full year.

after this year though, he'll be in the top...

greer and porter... they are probably using the same judging... they didnt play the whole year so lets subtract afew points...

also... as for colston... hes probably 89/90 like jetsfan115 said. he had a lot of drops this year... that probably lowered him a few...

Got to agree with Jetsfan here. I think Colston might have had a few drops, but it's hard to judge because Drew trusts him too much at times. I think 90 is fair, nonetheless.

fyi last 2 years

colston 27 games, 117 catches, 1,834 yards, 14TDs
marshall 30 games, 205 catches 2,385 yards 16TDs

how can you say colston is better?

fyi last 2 years

colston 27 games, 117 catches, 1,834 yards, 14TDs
marshall 30 games, 205 catches 2,385 yards 16TDs

how can you say colston is better?
because stats don't tell the whole story. In this system, Brees spreads the ball around more, and Colston had a thumb injury in 08 and wasn't 100 percent after that for quite a while. Despite those two things, he still put up a similar amount of touchdowns as Marshall.

because stats don't tell the whole story. In this system, Brees spreads the ball around more, and Colston had a thumb injury in 08 and wasn't 100 percent after that for quite a while. Despite those two things, he still put up a similar amount of touchdowns as Marshall.

your right numbers don't tell anything. but marshall caught 100 balls with kyle orten throwing the ball. that alone might make him the 2nd coming of jesus lol.

marshall is better then colsten, and mind u i hate the guy now since he was traded to a division rival. if b-marsh was on the saints i think he would beat the record for catches in a season

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom