• Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.4%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.7%

• Total voters
/sigh

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qv49a3/is-weed-really-being-laced-with-fentanyl

Lets ignore the obvious that if weed was legal then the chances a regulated and easily traced product would be laced becomes extremely remote, and make up stuff to incite panic in the droves of naive.

That is another reason to legalize. A street dealer doesn't know their product that well, probably has little relationship with the grower, and is many times just trying to move product, quality control any more than repeat buyers is not usually a concern.

Couple that with the places I've gone into in Oregon just to see what they are like and man, it's like going into A high class winery and then some. Top of the line product, growing conditions, location, organic LT grown on and on. These people love their weed and will spend a huge amount of time talking about it as it is their pride. Also, since it is legal and there are other dispensaries, if the product isn't up to the consumer liking they can just go across town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is another reason to legalize. A street dealer doesn't know their product that well, probably has little relationship with the grower, and is many times just trying to move product, quality control any more than repeat buyers is not usually a concern.

Couple that with the places I've gone into in Oregon just to see what they are like and man, it's like going into A high class winery and then some. Top of the line product, growing conditions, location, organic LT grown on and on. These people love their weed and will spend a huge amount of time talking about it as it is their pride. Also, since it is legal and there are other dispensaries, if the product isn't up to the consumer liking they can just go across town.

I called a shop in Colorado once, just to ask a few questions about their online menu, and it turned into an hour conversation and 3 pages of notes about various strains/products/preparations that they had on hand. Besides being fun and a really detailed conversation, it was really interesting how much work goes into creating all the different stuff and the amount of variation in the strains and how much they know about the effects of each one is really amazing.

I called a shop in Colorado once, just to ask a few questions about their online menu, and it turned into an hour conversation and 3 pages of notes about various strains/products/preparations that they had on hand. Besides being fun and a really detailed conversation, it was really interesting how much work goes into creating all the different stuff and the amount of variation in the strains and how much they know about the effects of each one is really amazing.

I'm planning a trip to Red Rock in Aug. to see Alt-J. I also plan to check out a few shops and look into relocation plans for retirement. I'm leaning towards becoming a budtender as a side job for a little extra cash. I'm also thinking a gumbo food truck would be high demand in the winter up there.

I'll miss La., but I understand I just don't "fit" here anymore. I'll probably still visit.

I'm planning a trip to Red Rock in Aug. to see Alt-J. I also plan to check out a few shops and look into relocation plans for retirement. I'm leaning towards becoming a budtender as a side job for a little extra cash. I'm also thinking a gumbo food truck would be high demand in the winter up there.

I'll miss La., but I understand I just don't "fit" here anymore. I'll probably still visit.

Red Rock? Got room fo one mo?

Peter Tosh's Son Beaten Into Coma In New Jersey Jail : The Record : NPR

At the time of the attack, McIntosh was about two months into serving a six-month sentence, after pleading guilty to marijuana possession. In a phone call today with NPR, Jasmine Rand said that before this arrest and sentencing, McIntosh had no prior criminal record.

And we talk bad about NK sending back a young man in similar shape for taking a poster. This is just as disturbing to me. Many will say that NK is worse because they assume it was torture, but is there really much difference in torturing a prisoner or allowing them to be beaten thusly while in custody?

The result is unacceptable in either case. We can't be morally superior when it's plainly just as stupid a reason.

I actually do have an extra ticket. Planning to road trip it as well. Wife was supposed to go, but her work has prevented that.

Planning a later trip in Oct with her for Spoon/The Shins.

Hey! I may be making the trip for that Spoon show with the Shins. Saw Britt Daniel by himself in Austin once after Katrina. Love both Spoon and the Shins. It's just such a long drive for a show. Depends on what ACL's lineup looks like this year as to whether or not I'm going to make the trip when all is said and done.

Hey! I may be making the trip for that Spoon show with the Shins. Saw Britt Daniel by himself in Austin once after Katrina. Love both Spoon and the Shins. It's just such a long drive for a show. Depends on what ACL's lineup looks like this year as to whether or not I'm going to make the trip when all is said and done.

The flight dropped as low as 163$ at one point, but I hate flying and it's not ski season in Aug. October might be a different beast all together.

study results just released today as it regards the (over)use and addiction to opioids.

Considering the plague in a lot of places - including up here - that surrounds the opioids trade and use, you'd think states and leaders might look to this as an alternative. It seems, further, that the prescribed opioids are more gateway drug than the nefarious marijuana.

• Here's an article on the published research:

UC Berkeley and HelloMD Release Study on Cannabis Use as a Substitute for Opioid and Non-Opioid

• Here's the Abstract:

Introduction: Prescription drug overdoses are the leading cause of accidental death in the United States. Alternatives to opioids for the treatment of pain are necessary to address this issue. Cannabis can be an effective treatment for pain, greatly reduces the chance of dependence, and eliminates the risk of fatal overdose compared to opioid-based medications. Medical cannabis patients report that cannabis is just as effective, if not more, than opioid-based medications for pain.

Materials and Methods:
The current study examined the use of cannabis as a substitute for opioid-based pain medication by collecting survey data from 2897 medical cannabis patients.

Discussion
: Thirty-four percent of the sample reported using opioid-based pain medication in the past 6 months. Respondents overwhelmingly reported that cannabis provided relief on par with their other medications, but without the unwanted side effects. Ninety-seven percent of the sample “strongly agreed/agreed” that they are able to decrease the amount of opiates they consume when they also use cannabis, and 81% “strongly agreed/agreed” that taking cannabis by itself was more effective at treating their condition than taking cannabis with opioids. Results were similar for those using cannabis with nonopioid-based pain medications.

Conclusion:
Future research should track clinical outcomes where cannabis is offered as a viable substitute for pain treatment and examine the outcomes of using cannabis as a medication assisted treatment for opioid dependence.
  • And, finally, a link to the actual article:
http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/can.2017.0012

We need to be prescribing these much less. We need less of the supply in the system. We need to be finding other ways to deal with pain and pain management. I am sure this is not welcome news to the pharmaceutical manufacturers, but the initial results are absolutely encouraging.

After watching my dad get progressively more crippled because of a crushing spinal stenosis, and then see him refuse pain medications because he doesn't want to be taking a Fentanyl patch because of the side effects, so he mostly goes totally medicine-free and just copes with constant pain.

I see no reason why he should not be able to use cannabis if it were to help him.

Maybe one day it will be legal and he'll be able to access it. That would be great. But it also means nothing for the last 20 years of his life, spent more or less miserably.

I have a question for those that have done tons is research here, and there's lots of you. I am a disabled veteran (no PTSD), but I take seven medications and get injections regularly for injuries sustained in my years of service, not to mention the therapy. I saw that governor Edwards signed a bill to allow the VA to prescribe marijuana to veterans and there is also the Veteran's Equal access act, but when I mentioned marijuana in lieu of the seven medications, I was immediately shut down by the VA doc because she said its a federal matter. Any suggestions of how to move forward?

Find a local doctor outside the VA system?

Problem is, outside of a handful of very specific maladies, you're not eligible to go legal.

I have a question for those that have done tons is research here, and there's lots of you. I am a disabled veteran (no PTSD), but I take seven medications and get injections regularly for injuries sustained in my years of service, not to mention the therapy. I saw that governor Edwards signed a bill to allow the VA to prescribe marijuana to veterans and there is also the Veteran's Equal access act, but when I mentioned marijuana in lieu of the seven medications, I was immediately shut down by the VA doc because she said its a federal matter. Any suggestions of how to move forward?

Firstly, thank you for your service. Second, I'm sorry our leaders get away with treating us vets like they do. For all the flag waving people and politicians do in this country, they really fail to honor the vets when it comes to what actually matters. The Fed has been repeatedly asked to change the classification or at least allow studies into the effectiveness of medical MJ and it's repeatedly stood on the side of pharma and police agencies rather than the good of the veterans.

That said, the La. medical law would only allow you to use a cannabinoid oil with all THC removed. You should be ok with the VA as there would be no tests results showing you use pot since it's THC free. This is a big issue as I understand it because a positive test can cause you to lose your VA assistance. If your main issue is aches and pains, then a La. Dr. would not be able to recommend you for the CBD oil. Additionally, the La. distribution chain is still being developed so it might be another year before it would be available to anyone. I'd keep an eye out though as the law was written for periodic review and adding of additional conditions.

I'd recommend that you speak with other vets in your area and see about getting more to speak out or get representation so that there is more pressure to allow the VA to investigate.

Also, this is advice from a non-professional so you'd want to verify accuracy with your VA Dr's and private Dr if you decide to go forward.

Good luck.

Firstly, thank you for your service. Second, I'm sorry our leaders get away with treating us vets like they do. For all the flag waving people and politicians do in this country, they really fail to honor the vets when it comes to what actually matters. The Fed has been repeatedly asked to change the classification or at least allow studies into the effectiveness of medical MJ and it's repeatedly stood on the side of pharma and police agencies rather than the good of the veterans.

That said, the La. medical law would only allow you to use a cannabinoid oil with all THC removed. You should be ok with the VA as there would be no tests results showing you use pot since it's THC free. This is a big issue as I understand it because a positive test can cause you to lose your VA assistance. If your main issue is aches and pains, then a La. Dr. would not be able to recommend you for the CBD oil. Additionally, the La. distribution chain is still being developed so it might be another year before it would be available to anyone. I'd keep an eye out though as the law was written for periodic review and adding of additional conditions.

I'd recommend that you speak with other vets in your area and see about getting more to speak out or get representation so that there is more pressure to allow the VA to investigate.

Also, this is advice from a non-professional so you'd want to verify accuracy with your VA Dr's and private Dr if you decide to go forward.

Good luck.

Thank you. That helps big time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom