Maybe Jon Gruden ends up being Saints HC? (15 Viewers)

The winning formula was a new OC that had no tendencies on film and playing two poor defensive teams. The NFL adjusted to Kubiak pretty quickly.
I can appreciate what you’re saying but it’s not true. We’re a run first team, that lost its probowl center in game 3. We didn’t even have a backup center on the roster at all. Taysom got injured vs Dallas and didn’t play vs the Eagles. Taysom was so involved in this offense that he was showing up to non mandatory practices. Kubiak built it around THILL to a large extent. The following games we’ve lost two more Oline starters. Only leaving a rookie LT and basically a rookie Rt. A Rt that is still struggling, but has improved. So how do you run first, with two rookies and 3 back ups. You don’t. And it gets your Qb killed. Luckily we have Rattler, who can scramble and reset the pocket a couple times because it’lll be breaking almost instantly. Like I said before, we have legit excuses on offense. But it’s the results that matter and not the excuses, which is contrary to what Mickey thinks.

I mean, to each his own, but the last time we tried a retread who had not coached in 10 years was....Mike Dikta. Hard pass.

That and if you want more Goodell shenanigans, just hire Gruden. We'll see far worse than anything during Payton's post bounty-gate tenure. Why take on that kind of baggage? Surely there are better options out there.
2021 is what 3 years ago not 10. And he’s been in the loop even at KC’s camp with Andy Reid this past offseason. And with us the year before and other teams. My whole point is that we need an experienced coach that is also a leader of men. That players want to play for, and it’s not just rah rah, whatever that is. It’s deeper than that, it’s passion. And passionate players want to play for passionate coaches. It’s a personality trait. Gruden has that in spades. Who do you suggest that is available or that could be available?

2021 is what 3 years ago not 10. And he’s been in the loop even at KC’s camp with Andy Reid this past offseason. And with us the year before and other teams. My whole point is that we need an experienced coach that is also a leader of men. That players want to play for, and it’s not just rah rah, whatever that is. It’s deeper than that, it’s passion. And passionate players want to play for passionate coaches. It’s a personality trait. Gruden has that in spades. Who do you suggest that is available or that could be available?
I'm saying that the game has passed him by. I was thinking of the Bucs SB run.

His tenure with the Raiders had its moments, but ultimately didn't work out there.

Regardless, he's still got major baggage with the league. I want no part of that.

I don't have a list of coaches I'd like to consider yet. Not really gonna spend any time with that until Allen is gone. All I know is I have zero interest in Gruden. I'd much rather a new first time HC who is currently an assistant or coordinator in the league. I don't want a retread HC.

I think we will end up with Gruden. This team seems to be lacking a coach that is a stickler for attention to detail and we had that with Coach Payton. Someone that’s truly a x and o’s coach. Hell payton was a qb coach under him in Philly. We need a person who isn’t soft and knows how to light a fire also and DA just doesn’t do that. I think that tenacity is what Dan Campbell has in Detroit and it has helped the lions. Missing tackles and all of these penalties and other nonsense would be called out in practice by a Sean Payton and Gruden. I just think that’s the direction they may go.
Worse than DA

Not really surprised you got disliked to oblivion on this comment, but I don't think its really to do with people wanting DA to stay and more just people adverse to giving Gruden the job.

The Raiders did show improvement each year he was there. He was 3-2 in 21 before he got fired and the team ended 10-7 so you can only speculate about what the final record would have been had he stayed.

I understand some don't want to hire him because of the PR stuff, I get that. I think some just think the game has passed him by and that's possible also. But after watching his YT channel dude is still really passionate about football and I would not be adverse to giving him another shot.

What I would really love a young OC, like say Ben Johnson, that can come in and just build the team in his vision. I don't we got that route and agree its likely another year of DA unless things really bottom out.

He's a .500 coach!

He coached for 15 years and have 6 winning seasons vs 6 losing seasons with three evens. His Super Bowl team was pre-made by another coach that went on to win a SB himself. TB followed their SB win with back 2 back losing seasons under Gruden. His last winning season as a coach was a 9-7 season back in 2008.

PASS!

He's a .500 coach!

He coached for 15 years and have 6 winning seasons vs 6 losing seasons with three evens. His Super Bowl team was pre-made by another coach that went on to win a SB himself. TB followed their SB win with back 2 back losing seasons under Gruden. His last winning season as a coach was a 9-7 season back in 2008.

PASS!
Not advocating for Gruden, but to be fair, the team TB beat in the Super Bowl was the team Gruden built with the Raiders.

If you say TB was pre-made by another coach, then Gruden should probably get credit for putting a SB contender together with the Raiders before leaving.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom