McRib (Update: It's Back!) (1 Viewer)

I've never tried one, and haven't made it a point to look for it here yet. I might look it up tonight.

I actually havent had one in about 3 years. If you ever had a frozen Banquet Pork Rib dinner it is basically that on a sub roll. Only last time I had one McD decided that the more BBQ you put on it the better it is.

McRib's like the tofu Thanksgiving "turkey" from Everybody Loves Raymond.

IOW, hurlworthy.

Love the McRib, had one this past weekend. I'll do without sweets or do stuff like subbing bread for butterleaf (???) lettuce in sandwiches to make room for it in the calorie budget.

NOT
A
SINGLE
McRIB
In
COLORADO

i wouldn't drive 350 miles for one
i would also not drive 350 miles for a colonoscopy
it's hard to imagine the difference between the 2
If you eat one, you need the other?

Last edited:
I used to eat these. Ever since I recreated something like it at hope with real pork chop (thin and poked with a tenderizer) I can’t really get past that “what is this meat like texture thing”. Just make your favorite BBQ sauce slightly more tangy with Apple cider vinegar, onions Hoggie and good pickles.

based on the McDonalds I passed yesterday (if they have them) they can be cooked including the shipping faster than you would wait in the drive thru’s in NOLA. All the fast food spots have lines down the street.

I lived in a test market for it in 1980 and it was amazing. The next year it went national and I was excited to get it again. It was so bad that I haven't tried one since.

I lived in a test market for it in 1980 and it was amazing. The next year it went national and I was excited to get it again. It was so bad that I haven't tried one since.

I think they changed the animal they were using for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom