[Merged] Saints Select Clemson DT Bryan Bresee (2 Viewers)

How do you like the Bryan Bresee pick?

• Total voters
This is the write-up I did on Bresee in my Top 25 players thread. He was #11 for me…

#11. Bryan Bresee, DT Clemson

I really think had Bresee stayed healthy and at the top of his game in college, we could be talking about a shoe-in top 5-10 pick. The raw traits are freakish. He’s a polar bear with a nose for the football, and I think there’s room to grow. The power comes so natural, with rare lateral quickness to match. Holds weight well against double teams, and was double teamed A LOT given how much talent was on the field with him. You can see the drive when he bulls his way through, but he’s not limited to the power rush. He can fool interior offensive lineman with shiftier hips than expected as well. Given both men’s profile, when you compare Bresee to Jalen Carter, you can make the argument Bresee has the higher floor and the higher ceiling. But the medical concerns are there.

Pro Comparison: Chris Jones, Chiefs

Bresee is a Jalen Carter level talent that had a rough college career but was still the best talent on that Clemson team.

Yall worried about injuries. He had an ACL. The rest were a kidney infection and a death in the family. Those aren't injury concerns.

Why was he wearing an arm brace?

Battled injuries. Perfect Saints pick
Not really. Had one injury - an acl. Other issues were a kidney infection (an illness) & the 18 month battle with cancer that his younger sister (RIP) went through.

So, he battled a singular injury and how close to 100% he is today.

I think he is a JAG. Just another guy. No production. I see him having a solomon thomas type of career. He can run in a straight line a linear athlete but that aint gonna help him on the interior. Hope im wrong but i think we messed this up

Given the nightmarish state of our injury list the past two years and the failure of not one but two first round d linemen in a row, both of whose careers have been beset by injuries, I have to say the greatest RAS scores in the world doesn't mean much if you are never on the field.

Managed njust 9 tackles all season in 22.

Would have liked someone with his talent, but without his knee and shoulder issues....

Oh well, good luck to him, hope he stays on the fieldl long enough to plug some holes

We could’ve traded 40 and a future high pick to move up for Bresee, while Mayer and Porter were still there.

I’m holding out hope we move up from 40 to get one of those two that we left on the board.
My guess is they took calls but got no good trade down offers so they took Bresee. He fills a position of need and they didn’t have to give up anything to get him. Bresee was a force before his injuries and kidney infection. He’s got major upside but also has major question marks. They needed a DT time will tell if they picked the right one. I like the fact they stood pat, didn’t trade any future picks, and picked a position of need. I’m just not crazy about Bresee. I hope he proves me very wrong.

The. Kid had an ACL tear, that was a the only injury he had in college. How is that injury prone?
Freakishly talented kid who had bad luck last year (Kidney infection and the very unfortunate death of his sister). This is a fantastic pick at a position of need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom