Mike Carey named Super Bowl ref (1 Viewer)

" I totally blew that call. Actually I wasn't even close. but I will penalize the other team. In the second half. For no apparent reason. To even it up"

Or something like that!!

I love that commercial!!!

Where's Ben Dreith when you need him? I want a Super Bowl call for Givin' him the business!

Ben_Dreith.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eslz06J9hFw

Or Ron Cherry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAMtCCezpfU

I think he is a good ref. Never had a problem with him. He seems fair, but, yes, he does call a tight game--on both sides, though.

WHY does everyone in the NFL love this dude so much????? He ALWAYS makes HORRIBLE calls. I HATE when his crew calls a saints game. And he screwed the saints again this year with that Reggie fumble...two refs i hate....mike carey..and terry mcauley.

The main thing I hate about Carey's style is the dramatic pause and his delay in pointing to the offending team. "Pass interference..................................................................................

DEFENSE!"

Carey and Hochuli are the two best officials in the game in my opinion.

Isn't this the crew that called the mysterious 4th down holding penalty on the Eagles in the playoff game after they had just got a first down. Causing them to punt, and hand us the win.

I have no problem with them whatsoever. :p

No ref from the Colts-Chargers game should ever be allowed to watch a football game, much less officiate one.

We've been jobbed by Carey to many times. He may of graded out the best ref, but he certainly isn't when he refs for us.

Do the bookies do the grading? That would be the only reason he grades high. He throws flags on emotion, not actual penalties. He belongs in Pop Warner.

Isn't this the crew that called the mysterious 4th down holding penalty on the Eagles in the playoff game after they had just got a first down. Causing them to punt, and hand us the win.

I have no problem with them whatsoever. :p

I think it was his crew, but it wasn't a holding penalty it was a false start (and an obvious one at that).

For the record I don’t have anything against Mike Carey, but I have noticed (even in games I have no rooting interest in) that the close calls usually seem to favor the home team. Just something that I’ve noticed.

Also, I don’t think the fact that his crew usually calls a tight game will effect the Superbowl, because they will be using a “super” crew and he won’t be working with his usual guys. But I still don’t see why they just wouldn’t have Eddy Guns (Hochuli) call every Superbowl. Guy is tops in the league (by far) in my opinion.

why are people hating on Mike Carey? I think when you look at the NFL overall he does a creditable job calling games. I am sure he is not the worst referee.

why are people hating on Mike Carey? I think when you look at the NFL overall he does a creditable job calling games. I am sure he is not the worst referee.

Because he reffed the famous "apology letter" game of 2003 where the NFL admitted the refs screwed us out of a win against the Panthers (which ultimately may of cost us a playoff spot that year). Over the past few years he has had questionable call after questionable call against us. The most recent was the Texans game this year, with the Bush fumble and phantom holding call later in the game.

I've never seen a game where he didn't have a totally head scratching moment. There was a game he called later in the year that wasn't a Saints game (Colts maybe?), where he reviewed a play after the subsequent play had already been run (which makes the last play nonreviewable). I was laughing my head off.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom