Mike Thomas: If a DB know the QB can’t throw deep they going to play aggressive underneath with safety help over the top. (1 Viewer)

This the same statement dang near 80% of the posters on SR have been saying for over 3 years. Although now since CGM uttered the same truthful frigging obvious as a brand new day fact, it's a problem? Y'all so gawd durn self righteous and phony it's funny. Nothing wrong with calling it for what it is guys.

Last edited:
Anyone who has watched Brees the last 3 years could see that by the end of the seasons he had worn down, his yards per attempt had been falling, certain routes were no longer being run, and he had lost velocity in his passes. What happened this year isn’t surprising, nor was I all that surprised at how he played great for a few games last year after coming back in from a messed up hand, then watching his passes come back down. But, if you said anything against Brees you got piled in here.
Now, Thomas calls out what anyone who pays attention knows. A short passing attack where there is no real fear of stretching the field causes defenses to crowd up and which allows a defense to play much more aggressive. Thing is anyone who actually watched the Saints offense could see this the last few years. Brees lost in the playoffs because he couldn’t elevate his game. He was already doing everything he could.
But of course get rid of Thomas because he was staying a fact everyone knows.

It’s actually hilarious how high you hold yourselves..

You seem to be clearly missing the point.

It’s not WHAT he said but HOW he relayed the obvious.

Talking about character, rose colored glasses, Qanon? Wth are you even talking about? I’m sure you got nothing good in your life therefore you want to comeback back to SR to claim you were right with something everyone can see with their own eyes. LMAO

Try again.

Some of you claim that if it’s true then it’s ok to say it. I say it’s “no class”. Whatever. I didn’t say it hurt my feelings or that I feel bad for Drew and that I am defending Drew. Drew doesn’t need defending. He will be just fine. I am more worried about Thomas’ future.
I don’t care who it involves. That’s a classless move in my opinion. I would never do that.
If Jordan did it, Kobe did it, whomever, then it was classless by them.
I am not sure why that opinion bothers some so much.

as said above it’s not what you say but How you say it.
And no, as much as some of the posters on here want to compare it to what fans have said, that’s entirely the point. The fans have said it, we know it, but he’s on that team, he’s supposed to be a leader. Making passive aggressive remarks like that are obvious to call out or demean. Good teammates don’t throw that shade. It demonstrates he’s not to happy being on this team because he’s crossed the line all year in different ways. Not very team friendly.

If you were at a dinner party with your family your parents and 3 other familys, would you find it appropriate to call out your father being old and washed up in a passive aggressive way in front of everyone else?

Unless you’re a complete jerk, no you don’t. This is no different.

the Twitter posts, the fighting teammates, it’s a pattern where it just seems it’s becoming more of an issue. Time for some of us to get our heads out of the sand.

I think I would take Brees weak arm than MTs attitude moving forward if I had to choose. That Callaway looks pretty promising.

Brees arm being shot is why we are what we are. And MT attitude can be all he wants it to be. It was a frustrating year for Quick Slant Thomas also, as he was hamstrung on not only getting on the field, but also the routes run as when he was in he wasn’t able to run anything long.
And seriously if Brees was as easily but hurt by a guys tweet about a different set of teams playing I doubt he would be where he is.

yall do know brees broke 11 ribs and had a collapse lung and a busted shoulder this year. anybody with half an IQ can assume brees deep game was going suffer. we literally took him out to take deep shots. yall be boosting on saints report it's not that serious.
Then maybe he shouldn’t have not started .

I’m pretty sure everyone in this thread has true things they could say about a coworker or boss, that they’d never ever say because it’s unprofessional/inappropriate and would either hurt your team or your job security.

The dude runs a bunch of slants and thinks he’s the most important guy on the planet.

We’ve got rid of far less worse locker room problems...

comical to me how MT didn't mind this last year when it got him a reception record. Now all the sudden when he plays injured it is completely Brees fault he cant get separation but in no way his injury's fault...I agree that a teammate saying things like this especially when Brees is retiring is childish and not something you do to your QB.

Last edited:
Brees arm being shot is why we are what we are. And MT attitude can be all he wants it to be. It was a frustrating year for Quick Slant Thomas also, as he was hamstrung on not only getting on the field, but also the routes run as when he was in he wasn’t able to run anything long.
And seriously if Brees was as easily but hurt by a guys tweet about a different set of teams playing I doubt he would be where he is.
Frustration might be true I can see that, but since we are in the "little weak social media warrior period of our lives" you don't handle stuff like that PUBLICLY!! That is called lack of character. these days which ppl seem to really lack in general, again in these days.

Yes I have to admit to myself that I do think Brees is a great guy and awesome player, but his decline is obvious I hate to say it but we have NO deep ball that is true.

I guess we will see after the SB and after the new league year comes much of this will be worked out by the team, we just have to wait....

Then maybe he shouldn’t have not started .

I'm not the coach, theres more to QB in football than deep throwing. But yes it was OBVIOUS that the Saints knew that brees couldnt throw deep, Dude shoulder and core was hurt severely I think that effects your game. Everyone on here consider MT took a shot at drew without considering his injuries and watching the game, he probably didnt think about it being insult to One journalist is like "did michael thomas take a shot a drew??" and everybody like yeah trade for for matthew stafford??? People just liek drama

This the same board that said michael thomas should be traded for quoting LIL Durk lyrics because there was some hidden message

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom