MLB's - Curtis Lofton - field mouse (1 Viewer)

People are going to look at guys like Patrick Willis, Demeco Ryans and David Harris and realize that good MLBs are commodities and that you can't let them slide in the draft. A guy with his talent could easily be a top 15 pick. (That being said, SF, Houston and NYJ don't exactly have dominant run defences... maybe they have more fantasy value than real value.)

People are going to look at guys like Patrick Willis, Demeco Ryans and David Harris and realize that good MLBs are commodities and that you can't let them slide in the draft. A guy with his talent could easily be a top 15 pick. (That being said, SF, Houston and NYJ don't exactly have dominant run defences... maybe they have more fantasy value than real value.)

It wouldn't surprise me if Lofton is this year's Patrick Willis....I remember him being talked about as a late 1st round pick, but he moved up to #11 on draft day.

Curtis Lofton is a ball player and he is fun to watch. He might be short but he plays like a wrecking ball.

I don't think he is going to last until the 2nd round I would have no problem with the Saints trading down and grabbing him in the late teens or early twenties.

i would trade with Dallas take both 1st or a 1st and 2nd and get him at 22

Thanks For That Video Longtime Lurker..... That Kids Definately Looks Like A Stud... Not Afraid Of Contact!!!

I Like!

He is the type of intense straight ahead player that can't help have an impact on the game.

He is a specimen and would help this defense big time who doesn't want a 6' 240lbs. battering ram in the middle of the defense.

Whats his 40 time? He looked like he's about a 4.55 from that int return.

I am an OU grad and watched him all season. His 40 is reported to be 4.7. Also this was his first and only year starting/playing for OU. So I am a little concerned about if this is really him and speed in the Pros. Alot of OU D players have had issues in the NFL due to lack of speed translation from college -- pro.

I am an OU grad and watched him all season. His 40 is reported to be 4.7. Also this was his first and only year starting/playing for OU. So I am a little concerned about if this is really him and speed in the Pros. Alot of OU D players have had issues in the NFL due to lack of speed translation from college -- pro.

Watching the INT return that is not a 4.7 40 yard dash. My guess is that he will run a 4.6 like Jon Beason.

check that I just watched the int return again and he outruns Reggie Smith to the endzone.

And honestly I don' care how fast he runs the 40 I want to know how fast he can run up 5 yards and crush a RB.

Last edited:
I just found a mock that has the Saints taking Kenny Phillips at #10 and Curtis Lofton with their 2nd round pick:

clrd2copy.jpg

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008_2.php

That would be a great draft right there, but I doubt Lofton goes in the 2nd.....cool though to see the Saints getting him!

That's why I hate mocks: My the time the top 10 is over, they just get more and more wrong. I almost don't want to see Lofton in a mock, since it almost assures us that we won't get him.

Guys from what i've seen the guy can play at this level and be a impact player. But he may be a reach in the top 20 for a MLBer. He just doesn't have the sand to stand up at MLBer unless he's free to roam with a couple of 330# DT's in front keeping him clean.
He'd be great in the right system. Maybe a SS if he dropped to 225 and ran a 4.5 flat. There he could dominate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom