Mora picks Pittsburgh!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

DrDaddyeaux

Chalmation Nation!
Reaction score
Man, Oh MAN!!!!!!!

On NFL Access, I just heard Former SAINTS Coach Jim "Diddley-Poo" Mora pick the Steelers over the SAINTS straight up !

Here's to proving this bitter fool wrong! (and I actually respected the man! What WAS I THINKING???)

!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hasn't just about everyone picked the Steelers? Vegas has picked them to the tune of 4.5 points, the entire inside the nfl crew picked them, and more than half the other analysts. Personally, I don't see what they're seeing either. But I'm not going to hold it against Mora for picking against us when everyone else has too.

But they're all sorely mistaken!!

ThibodauxSaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
So he's supposed to pick the Saints every week just because he coached here? Look, I do think we will pull this game out, but I can see where the "experts" are coming from. Its hard to believe that the Steelers will lose 4 games in a row. They're due for a win.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Mike Golic picked the Saints this morning on Mike & Mike.
No he didn't. Hes picked the Steelers to win the game. Check espn.com's expert picks.

He did however pick us to cover the 6 point spread (how does a 2-6 team get a spread like that against a 6-2 team?) while losing.

61woods

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Man, Oh MAN!!!!!!!

On NFL Access, I just heard Former SAINTS Coach Jim "Diddley-Poo" Mora pick the Steelers over the SAINTS straight up !

Here's to proving this bitter fool wrong! (and I actually respected the man! What WAS I THINKING???)

!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course he picked them. Remember, they were the team that put his coaching career in a coma.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Mike Golic picked the Saints this morning on Mike & Mike.
I think they are being swayed by the "law of averages" and I can't say that I disagree. Sonner or later they have to win again...

I want the Saints to win and will be pulling 100%.

But when you factor in an away game in Pitt, reigning Super Bowl champion with talent, top offensive and defensive production from the Steelers, you have to figure this game has potential to be a real challenge.

Pitt will be looking to make a statement. Everyone has written them off so they can just sell out and play with their ears pinned back.

If we pull out a win here you really have to give the Saints credit.

macr77

Reaction score
Its ok, I like being the underdog!!!

Pastor C

South Lafourche Tarpons!
Reaction score
Gainesville, FL Born & Raised Galliano, LA
It's understandable that many are picking the Steelers. However, so many of the so called experts are so matter of fact when making picks that it is laughable. Mora picked the eagles to beat the Saints handily and by ten points easily. Ha!

Usmfan84

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Most are picking against us because pitt has put up alot of offensive yds and the defense is still super solid. Most writers do not believe that the bad luck can continue week after week for Pitt, and that they will eventually come out and not turn the ball over. If you've seen Pitt play this year..they've moved at will against ppl til the redzone.

On that note..

Saints- 31
Pitt-17

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pitt will be looking to make a statement. Everyone has written them off so they can just sell out and play with their ears pinned back.

And most folks are "writing us off" as having no chance of winning this game. The more I think about that, the more I like it.

I'm sure the coaches are letting the players know today that no one thinks we will be Pitt. Say what you will, that Raven's game is appearing to have been a huge factor in how our players and coaches will approach the rest of this season.

...And right now, it still looks quite promising - We'll get our second test Sunday. The first test was the Bucs game. :sun_smiley:

Reaction score
So, you now have lost respect for Mora because he picked against the Saints one game? :shrug:

/wow

Shawn

SR is my life!
Reaction score
This is the official, Pitiful Bunch of Crybabies thread.

Pittsburgh is a tough team. They are playing at home. If they lose, their season is over.

The Saints are a good team playing on the road. This is not a must-win game for them.

I've seen NFL pundits this week singing the praises of the Saints, their quarterback, their coaches, their overall play, blah blah blah...and then pick them to lose this week.

There's some sense to it, and you can't really blame them. I need to buy diapers for you guys.

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think they are being swayed by the "law of averages" and I can't say that I disagree. Sonner or later they have to win again...

I want the Saints to win and will be pulling 100%.

But when you factor in an away game in Pitt, reigning Super Bowl champion with talent, top offensive and defensive production from the Steelers, you have to figure this game has potential to be a real challenge.

If we pull out a win here you really have to give the Saints credit.
Well said Blackadder. I just think it will be asking alot for any team to go into Pittsburg and get a win with this team needing to bounce back. Cowher will have the Steelers ready and they will be hard to beat. If the Saints did win, it would be amazing how great it would be..

Last edited:

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Cower and Porter guaranteed the win so he's ok. But really though... We must prove ourselves every week. Every play. It'll be the 4th quarter and (like against Tampa) we'll be up by 17 and the talking heads will be saying "yeah but let's see how they can finish this". So don't be suprised if we win and they say the Saints upset the Steelers. In fact this win will not be a story of the Saints' success it'll be about the Steelers lack thereof. So get ready because if we win you can expect to see the "No Respect " threads falling from the sky in here next week, because we won't get any. Thats cool by me too.

BIGSAINTSFAN

Retired "USMC" Warrior
Reaction score
Haven't we learned anything this year. We were not supposed to win more than 2 games this year. Everyone (including some Saints fans) are extremely surprised how well the team has played. Noone knows how to view this team yet. Are we playingand winning because of post Katrina emotions, bad luck by other teams, teams unconciously not giving their all against us or is it that the Saints are just plain GOOD? The only thing anyone is sure of is that the Saints are WINNING and looking GOOD doing it. My feeling is that the "air of speculation" about this team will continue until next year. Until the season is over and the final record is known we may as well get used to being underestimated, looked down on, praised by some and a "feel good" story. I just hope that this "FEEL GOOD STORY" ends with a Super Bowl appearance and WIN. I am just going to sit back and be in awe of what the team is doing. Geaux Saints!!!!! Of course, this is just my two cents.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)