More Pete Carmichael Roasting - Ross Jackson @ Locked on Saints (1 Viewer)

I’m sure our head FO guys know this. The question now (and should be) is what are we going to do about it? Cant “keep doing what we are doing”!!!
I hate that I have no confidence in anyone forcing DA's hands. It feels like our FO is a FO that leaves everything like that to the head coach and they stay out of the way, which is great as long as the HC is doing what is best for his team.

I want to believe that DA has been in the NFL just too long not to know way more than all of us about this, I mean that should absolutely be the case. However, part of me truly believes that this organization is simply a good ole boy system. That they are far too loyal to their own.

I like Ross because he backs his points up with facts. He always takes the optimistic/realistic approach, but I think Ross has had enough of this trash.

Maybe this coaching staff think they're playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers, but sometimes you just outsmart yourself.

I hate that I have no confidence in anyone forcing DA's hands. It feels like our FO is a FO that leaves everything like that to the head coach and they stay out of the way, which is great as long as the HC is doing what is best for his team.

I want to believe that DA has been in the NFL just too long not to know way more than all of us about this, I mean that should absolutely be the case. However, part of me truly believes that this organization is simply a good ole boy system. That they are far too loyal to their own.
Personally, I believe DA lacks the necessary things to be a good HC. Like making hard decisions. It’s weird bc the Ceedy Duce situation got dealt with super quick, so that leads me to believe that it was Loomis who initiated it and acted upon it. At this point, we have players and former players stating the obvious, but yet the HC is telling them that no coaching changes will be made. That’s a great way to lose the locker room. If you are steering the ship and you won’t listen, then the eyes will turn to you, and before too long, the crew will want to throw the leader off of the ship. DA was blessed to be put in a great situation, it’s beyond me at how bad he’s screwing this up. AK’s comments was brutally honest. Dude basically said that nothing has gone right (offensively) since Drew left and he is correct

Last edited:

It reminds me of the Sean Payton/Gary Gibbs situation. Everyone knew that Gibbs wasn’t a good defensive coordinator, but Sean kept him for a season too long. Finally fired him, GGG was hired and the rest is history!

It reminds me of the Sean Payton/Gary Gibbs situation. Everyone knew that Gibbs wasn’t a good defensive coordinator, but Sean kept him for a season too long. Finally fired him, GGG was hired and the rest is history!
Gibbs's 2006 was good. 2007 and 2008 were not nearly as bad as Carmichael 2022 and 2023 thus far. 2012 Carmichael was not great either. Go look at how the offense performed against better defenses in 2012.

Gibbs's 2006 was good. 2007 and 2008 were not nearly as bad as Carmichael 2022 and 2023 thus far. 2012 Carmichael was not great either. Go look at how the offense performed against better defenses in 2012.

I think we can both agree that both Gibbs and Carmichael are not very good coaches!

2012 Carmichael was not great either. Go look at how the offense performed against better defenses in 2012.
Was trying to tell people this. The defense got all the blame for that season but when you really sit back and look, while the defense was historically bad, our offense did them no favors in most of those loses. I put 6 out of those 9 losses on the offense.

It's not just the playcalling, it's the entire design of the offense. I looked at what Ole Miss was running against LSU last week, we never look like that.

Was trying to tell people this. The defense got all the blame for that season but when you really sit back and look, while the defense was historically bad, our offense did them no favors in most of those loses. I put 6 out of those 9 losses on the offense.
What are the six of nine? We scored 21+ points in 14 of 16 games, more than any team that year, it’s hard to understand how that translates to a bad offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom