My guess: Caitlin & Angel will garner co-Rookie of the Year honors (2 Viewers)

Sort of on topic - part of my job takes me to DC and I'm on several email lists of political fundraisers letting everyone know of upcoming fundraising events for Congressman X or Senator Y. They are usually dinners or lunches at DC restaurants but sometimes they will branch out with things like "Come Watch the Nats with Senator X" or they host it at a Caps game.

I got one today from an Iowa Congressman's fundraiser that says: "CAITLIN CLARK GAME - We still have a few tickets left for the Washington Mystics Vs. Indiana Fever Game on Thursday, September 19th. Please let me know ASAP if you would like to join XXXX in cheering on Iowa's very own, Caitlin Clark!"

I promise you this is the first time anyone has ever hosted one of these at a Mystics game. Interesting to see the CC phenomenon pop up in all different ways.

Last edited:
Welp, this sucks. Nail in the coffin as far as getting rookie of the year, unfortunately.

That sucks, hope she heals quickly.....but as far as ROY I think CC was running away with it the last month or so....

That sucks, hope she heals quickly.....but as far as ROY I think CC was running away with it the last month or so....
Oh no doubt, but if the opposite happened and CC got injured and Reese played well enough, who knows?

But yeah, CC was already clearly ahead for sure.

Very much ahead. Look back to where Clark started the season and where she is now. Her growth, and the passing/assist game has grown massively. Besides refining, really the only thing she needs to work on is her defensive play, but she’s really even at this point one of the top 7 players easily in the WNBA.

Angel really needs to work on her offensive game a lot. She cannot Continue to be the poor offensive player she is. Other teams don’t even respect her offensively. Year 2 will be telling

Oh no doubt, but if the opposite happened and CC got injured and Reese played well enough, who knows?

But yeah, CC was already clearly ahead for sure.
For me, it was CC's to lose...and it wasn't even close! The Reese consecutive DBL-DBL thing wasn't as impressive as the multi triple DBL'S, top 10 scorer and league leader in assists that is CC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom