My guess: Caitlin & Angel will garner co-Rookie of the Year honors (2 Viewers)

14% of all the flagrant fouls in the WNBA this season have been committed by the Sky against Caitlin Clark.

Seems like they don’t like her very much

It's not about liking or disliking her.....she is the new shiny thing that everyone is enthralled with now but more importantly, she is a rookie.....not unusual at all in sports, they tend to get picked on early, especially if they are really good.....

It's not about liking or disliking her.....she is the new shiny thing that everyone is enthralled with now but more importantly, she is a rookie.....not unusual at all in sports, they tend to get picked on early, especially if they are really good.....
Yes they typically do, and that hasn't really slowed her down much. Ultimately, they're hurting themselves because flagrant foul penalties actually hurts a team more than helps. And most of the flagrant fouls I've seen are pretty terrible fouls. Free throws and possession is significant, especially if the opponent is hitting them and scoring. Makes all the difference in a close game.

Oh, and they don't like her very much. :hihi:

14% of all the flagrant fouls in the WNBA this season have been committed by the Sky against Caitlin Clark.

Seems like they don’t like her very much

They're a trash organization. Several players have made it known that they want out. They think that they're going to win games by playing rough and acting innocent when the whistle blows.

If I had busted my butt in my sport to decent acclaim and had a fair amount of personal and team success
Then out of nowhere all o hear about is how the little chica- who’d be maybe in the 10-20 range of players- is going to come in and save my league…you best Belinda going to make her earn the flowers she’d already been given

If I had busted my butt in my sport to decent acclaim and had a fair amount of personal and team success
Then out of nowhere all o hear about is how the little chica- who’d be maybe in the 10-20 range of players- is going to come in and save my league…you best Belinda going to make her earn the flowers she’d already been given
Sure, but you can make her earn those flowers without trucking her at midcourt or hitting her from behind when she doesn’t even have the ball (not saying you are promoting those plays).

The flagrants haven’t really been a good strategy for the Sky.

Well, idk. I didn't necessarily think the league needed saving to begin with, and even if she becomes the MJ or Steph of the WNBA, it's not like she's some super powered player. For her to reach MVP type level, she makes everyone around her better and they win games and ultimately titles. The Fever have some decent talent around her and they're beating good teams more often than not lately.

The flagrant fouls against her are really more a distraction than anything else. Once her opponents realize they're not gonna intimidate her by playing her roughly, they'll hopefully settle down and just play ball.

All the greats in the NBA had to deal with hard fouls and players trying to take their shot. Kobe, Jordan, Shaq, Bird, Magic all dealt with that when they first came into the league, and often throughout their careers. Caitlin will have to deal with that as well, and I expect she'll get used to it. She's handled it pretty well this season.

How dare she have the gall to come in here, raise our league's exposure, boost turnout, increase revenue and ultimately give me more bargaining to raise my pay. Maybe if I give her a career ending injury, that'll show her.

At any point has CC declared herself the savior? If she isn’t walking around saying this or acting like it, then this argument doesn’t hold water. Accidentally run into pundits on the sideline if their declarations hurt your feelings. Don’t try to hurt the anointed one that hasn’t anointed herself. Seems like she has been mostly keeping it low key and letting her play talk.

Sure, but you can make her earn those flowers without trucking her at midcourt or hitting her from behind when she doesn’t even have the ball (not saying you are promoting those plays).

The flagrants haven’t really been a good strategy for the Sky.

Right. The Sky subbed in Deshields down 15+ in the 4th - she committed 3 fouls on CC in the span of 2 minutes including the takedown from behind.

At any point has CC declared herself the savior? If she isn’t walking around saying this or acting like it, then this argument doesn’t hold water. Accidentally run into pundits on the sideline if their declarations hurt your feelings. Don’t try to hurt the anointed one that hasn’t anointed herself. Seems like she has been mostly keeping it low key and letting her play talk.
Never said she was the one declaring that
Not even close

Y’all are wanting to be butt hurt about all this - any high profile rook (or even transfer) is going to have to earn her spot on the team/league especially if there was a cottage industry springing up to anoint the rook

And it’s not just sports- I don’t know what y’all do but I imagine all of y’all make abstract financial widgets
You and your team have worked hard and have a fair amount of notoriety , especially among insiders, and yall developed a product that’s good, useful and sustainable
Then your boss hires some hot shot MBA who just graduated from a mid tier school
And every writing for WeKnowVeryLittleAboutYour-Product heralds this person as the one who is going to rescue y’all from an obscurity you were never really in

All y’all are saying you’re greeting this rook with open arms?
Really?

Y’all are wanting to be butt hurt about all this - any high profile rook (or even transfer) is going to have to earn her spot on the team/league especially if there was a cottage industry springing up to anoint the rook

And it’s not just sports- I don’t know what y’all do but I imagine all of y’all make abstract financial widgets
You and your team have worked hard and have a fair amount of notoriety , especially among insiders, and yall developed a product that’s good, useful and sustainable
Then your boss hires some hot shot MBA who just graduated from a mid tier school
And every writing for WeKnowVeryLittleAboutYour-Product heralds this person as the one who is going to rescue y’all from an obscurity you were never really in

All y’all are saying you’re greeting this rook with open arms?
Really?

If the buzz created by the rookie turns our little business from a subsidized afterthought of the parent company GloboCorp into a profitable enterprise and my bonus is doubled next year, I’m Ok with it.

Something like this:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom