My guess: Caitlin & Angel will garner co-Rookie of the Year honors (1 Viewer)

I hate Luka's whining but I would trade Zion and BI and a few1st rounders for him.

anyway - they aren't close (rn)

1720761471684.png

Man, what stands out there is both are shooting terrible %'s ......CC is actually under 40% and Reese is barely above it.....I guess they play really good D in the WNBA.....

They are totally different players, Reese's game translates better initially because she is a great rebounder.....CC's game will take a bit longer as she is a primary ballhandler, the stat I don't see is turnovers, I think she averages almost 6 a game.....that would put here right around a 1-1 turnover to assist ratio.....as a PG that has to get better, won't win many games until that improves.....

Also, Larry Bird wasn't a PG, so that comparison doesn't really make sense.....it's more like comparing the rookie seasons of John Stockton and Charles Barkley.....

Man, what stands out there is both are shooting terrible %'s ......CC is actually under 40% and Reese is barely above it.....I guess they play really good D in the WNBA.....

They are totally different players, Reese's game translates better initially because she is a great rebounder.....CC's game will take a bit longer as she is a primary ballhandler, the stat I don't see is turnovers, I think she averages almost 6 a game.....that would put here right around a 1-1 turnover to assist ratio.....as a PG that has to get better, won't win many games until that improves.....

Also, Larry Bird wasn't a PG, so that comparison doesn't really make sense.....it's more like comparing the rookie seasons of John Stockton and Charles Barkley.....

It's hard to make a good comp between WNBA and NBA but CC is already well over Stockton's career scoring average (in 40 min games vs 48). And Stockton obviously never averaged 2x as many blocks as Barkley lol.

Anyway, I like them both - and yes they are very different players/positions. But unless CC has an injury or something weird happens I think she's a lock for ROTY,

It's hard to make a good comp between WNBA and NBA but CC is already well over Stockton's career scoring average (in 40 min games vs 48). And Stockton obviously never averaged 2x as many blocks as Barkley lol.

Anyway, I like them both - and yes they are very different players/positions. But unless CC has an injury or something weird happens I think she's a lock for ROTY,

Wasn't talking numbers....just positions....and if Angel continues with the double doubles I wouldn't discount her chances.....

This is the first season I’ve watched more than 5 minutes of a WNBA game. It’s definitely Brick City.
Yeah, they're simply not nearly as accurate as the NBA, which really isn't too surprising. The WNBA isn't the NBA and people shouldn't expect it to be.

I agree CC should win rookie of the year if the season ended today. They're a little over halfway through the season, so that could change.

Clark is -800 to win ROTY. Reese is +400.

The media is going to hype it up obvi but it’s really not close.

I rooted for LSU against Iowa and I am a Reese fan but basketball wise it’s not close. It’s not Larry vs Magic it’s more like Larry vs Charles Oakley - which I mean with utmost respect. But they aren’t the same.

Oakley? I don't think Oakley is breaking records like Reese. Both of these players are breaking WNBA records, not just rookie records. Why try to downplay the accomplishments of one of them?

Yeah, they're simply not nearly as accurate as the NBA, which really isn't too surprising. The WNBA isn't the NBA and people shouldn't expect it to be.

I agree CC should win rookie of the year if the season ended today. They're a little over halfway through the season, so that could change.

Keep in mind that Reese's season really took off over the last dozen or so games while Clark has been pretty consistently up and down all year. Based on the first 10 games, Clark was walking away with RoY. Now at the break, it's a dead heat. Reese is certainly forcing the conversation.

Keep in mind that Reese's season really took off over the last dozen or so games while Clark has been pretty consistently up and down all year. Based on the first 10 games, Clark was walking away with RoY. Now at the break, it's a dead heat. Reese is certainly forcing the conversation.
Sure, Reese is definitely picking it up and in the conversation. Which is partly why I mentioned that they're barely over halfway through the season. Plenty of games left. We'll see.

Oakley? I don't think Oakley is breaking records like Reese. Both of these players are breaking WNBA records, not just rookie records. Why try to downplay the accomplishments of one of them?
comparing her to Oakley was a compliment. One of my all time favorite players - and in his prime he was a guaranteed double double like Reese and absolutely DGAF like Reese. Not sure what would be better - maybe Rodman with better offense?

anyway, i like them both. They have me paying attention to the WNBA which is something I never planned on doing.

I mentioned the Bird vs Magic comparison for how it took the NBA to the next level. CC and AR have the potential to take this league to the next level.

The wild thing is does anyone even remember who the draft picks were between CC and Reese? There were 5 players taken between them, but I doubt that if you put a gun to someone’s head they could name 2 of them. The league needs these two in order to bring in interest (just like the NBA needed Magic and Bird).

At this point I really think Reese would be my choice....I can't get over a PG turning it over nearly 6 times a game (which I believe leads the league)....

At this point she is shooting sub 40% (which is apparently not terrible in the WNBA) but the turnovers are really hurting her team IMO.....needs to vastly improve in that area....

At this point I really think Reese would be my choice....I can't get over a PG turning it over nearly 6 times a game (which I believe leads the league)....

At this point she is shooting sub 40% (which is apparently not terrible in the WNBA) but the turnovers are really hurting her team IMO.....needs to vastly improve in that area....
I think it bears remembering that bad teams draft high draft picks
Fever was bad last year and Sky was not good
CC and Angel are helping make better teams, but neither are anywhere close to good teams yet

I think it bears remembering that bad teams draft high draft picks
Fever was bad last year and Sky was not good
CC and Angel are helping make better teams, but neither are anywhere close to good teams yet

No doubt, I get that and agree.....but it appears CC is having trouble with the quickness/size of the WNBA defenders.....she will improve I'm sure as will Reese and eventually they will propel their teams....

A week or so ago someone broke down CC’s turnovers, and her turnovers were like many of Drew Brees’ ints., many times they were the fault of the teammates for not catching the ball, more than poor ball placement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom