N/S: A few Vikes' fans have "sour grapes" over Sharper's success (1 Viewer)

Let's say the Saints play nothing but cover-1, as he suggested. What scheme would make a FS cover more ground?

How is this any different than if Jet fans insisted that Brett Favre's arm was going to fall off? The defense has been unbelievable against exactly the kind of quarterbacks who we allowed to have good games over the past few games and Sharper has been having one of the better years of a HOF career.

Anyway, it's amazing that some people can't say something like: "Good for him."

:gosaints:

Didn't they miss use his talents by putting him at SS?!

Wait, did he seriously basically say "Let's see him try to intercept Brett Favre!!!"????

Really? REALLY?

The people waiting for the Saints to face an elite QB this season are going to be disappointed. On our remaining schedule, we've got Manning, Brady, Ryan, Miami's wildcat, a rookie in TB, Delhomme, Boller in STL, Romo, and Campbell.
Besides Brady and Manning, well, you tell me. Remember, we're talking about elite. :shrug:

Good teams beat bad team!!! That is what we did!!! We are 4-0 not 3-1 or 2-2. Sharper is up in age but our D is not a myth and we are a true contender so wake up Minn Farve will be dinged up soon and just like the Jets they will fall back to Earth.

Yea...I guess the Saints haven't played any elite QB's yet. But there aren't that many elite QB's anyway. The defense pretty much shut the Bills down and they have plenty of weapons on offense. Saints are doing exactly what good teams do to weaker teams...dominating them! Even Sharper said in an interview earlier in the offseason that the new philosophy for the Minnesota defense wasn't really a good fit for him. Seems like he's playing more the role of FS now instead of a SS like he was at Minnesota if I remember right.

...oh and before I forget, that "haven't played any elite QB's," thing is kinda weak. They play an elite QB every day on the practice field. Sure, it's not the same thing but it does give 'em a leg up on that tired nonsense.

...oh and before I forget, that "haven't played any elite QB's," thing is kinda weak. They play an elite QB every day on the practice field. Sure, it's not the same thing but it does give 'em a leg up on that tired nonsense.

It's also a strawman argument because how many truly elite QBs are there? Maybe five in the whole league? If that? It's just something people spout when they don't have anything intelligent to say.

It's also a strawman argument because how many truly elite QBs are there? Maybe five in the whole league? If that? It's just something people spout when they don't have anything intelligent to say.

Well no, not when you really think about it. I mean the goal is to get the ring and to do so you're gonna have to face elite QB's when it counts.

That said, all that still sounds like the lamentations of a fanbase realizing that they had a legit playmaker in their defensive backfield and their coaches just used him incorrectly.

Well no, not when you really think about it. I mean the goal is to get the ring and to do so you're gonna have to face elite QB's when it counts.

I think part of the problem is that "elite" is a very vague term. There are plenty of really good QBs, but only a handful that truly, by their presence alone, elevate their team.

Sniper i couldn't agree more with this sentiment.:9:

They play against Brees damn near every day, the interceptions
will come regardless of who we play, if the D-line keeps playing the way they are. The Jets O-line is one of the better in the league and they got mauled.
No rookies there.

All the way Saintsfans...one game at a time,one interception at a time.

They have a point.

Week 1 Rookie QB
Week 2 Scrub QB
Week 3 Edwards QB
Week 4 Rookie QB

I think that the Giants will be a good test if Manning plays.

lol? Kolb is 5x the qb Edwards is.

The Giants will indeed be a good test, as were the Jets last week, as was Philthy.

One thing to note that same rookie qb and the lions were up on the mighty viqueens 10 - 0 before they came back to win, while we have never trailed. They might want to worry about their own secondary prowess before hating on the Sharp just because he's blowing up here. Its very clearly sour grapes. I can't wait for someone to smash them back down to earth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom